Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can't install for my mac os x 10.5.8

Oct 10, 2014 Oct 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can i download and install the latest flash player to my mac.When i try i don't see mac os x 10.5.8 system. It starts from 10.6. can you please help me solve this problem. Everytime i try i get error says "Report-Ignore" Help me please.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 10, 2014 Oct 10, 2014

Hi,

Flash Player is no longer supported on OS X 10.5.8.  The last supported version is 10.3.83.90, which is available for download from the Archived Flash Player versions page.  However, many sites require a newer version of Flash Player, and 10.3.183.90 was released July 9, 2013, which means it doesn't contain any security updates released since that date.

If your system is capable (e.g. Intel-based, sufficient RAM, etc), I recommend upgrading to OS X 10.6, which will enable you to install the la

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 10, 2014 Oct 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Flash Player is no longer supported on OS X 10.5.8.  The last supported version is 10.3.83.90, which is available for download from the Archived Flash Player versions page.  However, many sites require a newer version of Flash Player, and 10.3.183.90 was released July 9, 2013, which means it doesn't contain any security updates released since that date.

If your system is capable (e.g. Intel-based, sufficient RAM, etc), I recommend upgrading to OS X 10.6, which will enable you to install the latest version of Flash Player.  The upgrade disk costs $19.99 from the Apple store.  Information on this is rampant on the web.  Simply search for 'upgrade OS X 10.5.8' and you'll get a bunch of search results on this topic.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 13, 2014 Oct 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2014 Dec 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks for your information, it was on my machine a short time ago but now it has expired, as you say.  I will look around to see if I can find it in computer shops.

Mary SS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do seem to get so far with the download but it asks for password which I don’t have.

Mary SS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mary,

If your system does not have a password, try ignoring the password field and just clicking the OK button.  I have tried this (on my test machine on all supported OS X versions) and it continues with the installation.

If your system does have a password and you don't know it, you'll need to try to recover/reset it.  There are a few links for this in this FAQ.  You can also try searching the web for information on how to recover/reset your system's password.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for getting back to me so soon. Tried your first sentence already

but will try the other tomorrow.

Mary SS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2014 Dec 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have finally worked out what to do - it was the Apple password that was

needed. It suddenly dawned on me when I was switching on my computer the

other night. It only took a couple of minutes to do, then ‘hey presto’ it

all downloaded - ‘just like that’!!

Thanks for your advice.

Mary

On 17 December 2014 at 22:19, STARKEYSMITH MARY <

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines