• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

BC Add-on for Dreamweaver CC 2014.1 not working - JS errors?

Participant ,
Oct 09, 2014 Oct 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded Dreamweaver yesterday to the new CC 2014.1 version, and it seems it's not compatible with the BC add-on (which I removed and reinstalled). It it gives a js error "BCModulePanel" on reSize not defined - the panel loads but doesn't connect to BC so no modules can be inserted.

Anyone else having the same issue... on Macs? Has it been tested?

TOPICS
Dreamweaver

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Oct 12, 2014 Oct 12, 2014

Hi Ionut

Thanks for the reply. With your steps and the steps from another thread (Re: Business Catalyst extension not working since upgrade) I've now got it working (I think deleting the library files made the difference).

However, I assume the BC add-on hasn't been upgraded to work with the new rendering engine yet, as it doesn't produce the new (or old) module named parameters...hopefully BC will resolve this soon so we can start developing sites with DW.

Cheers

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Oct 10, 2014 Oct 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I've tested the DW 2014.1 with the BC add-on and all worked fine, on both Win7 and MAC OSX 10.9

You might experience some issue related to DW caching, so you could try this:

- uninstall DW and the BC add-on (https://creative.adobe.com/addons/my_addons )

- restart Adobe CC app.

- install DW and the add-on

- restart Adobe CC app., make sure the BC add-on has been installed

- restart DW

If you still experience issues after this, repeat the steps above but instead of installing the BC add-on from the CC website, you could try to manually install the BC add-on through Extension Manager app:

https://creative.adobe.com/addons/patches/4965/install

I hope this helps.

Ionut

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 12, 2014 Oct 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Ionut

Thanks for the reply. With your steps and the steps from another thread (Re: Business Catalyst extension not working since upgrade) I've now got it working (I think deleting the library files made the difference).

However, I assume the BC add-on hasn't been upgraded to work with the new rendering engine yet, as it doesn't produce the new (or old) module named parameters...hopefully BC will resolve this soon so we can start developing sites with DW.

Cheers

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines