• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cuda_supported_cards.txt no longer present in CC 2014 Premiere Pro, After Effects Folders

New Here ,
Oct 11, 2014 Oct 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a "gaming" Win laptop using one of the latest nVidia GPU's, the GTX 880M. Being new--year old really new?--, I had to add it to the list contained in cuda_supported_cards.txt for Pr, AE and AME. With the newest CC 2014 update, these .txt files are no longer present in their respective program folders.

Does this mean that the programs no longer differentiate? If they see CUDA cores they enable the acceleration? Or does this mean they stopped the end-user from by-passing their filters? How to verify if I'm getting the acceleration? I recall having the feature greyed out in previous versions of these programs if I hadn't yet edited the list, and at the moment they are not greyed out despite not having found a list to edit.

I've searched for mention of this change in newest version but have yet found a discussion.

Thanks in advance,

Andrew

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From CC 2014 menu, select: file / project settings / General

And if the Renderer "drag down" shows a "Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration" option, then rest assured that Premiere Pro is seeing and using your GPU!

Regards,

Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks, both

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2016 Mar 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I ran into this problem with my Quadro FX 2800m.  In many cases this issue can be fixed by creating the cuda_supported_cards.txt.  I know it is missing in 2014 and 2015.

Here is a quick video on YouTube on how to fix it.  The video shows it in CC 2015 but I think that I got it working in 2014 the same way.

Premiere Pro CC 2015: CUDA Hack [Solved] - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines