• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

is it possible to switch the stage from one class... to another?

New Here ,
Oct 12, 2014 Oct 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to Flash Builder and AS3.  I have a general architectural question... that leads to a more specific one.

I am creating an iOS app for my business... I want to have a homepage with multiple buttons... each button is to take me to a different page... on these pages, I will have drop down menus that will allow me to access a database...

I have started with one .as file (Main.as)... where I create the buttons... and add the event listeners for each button...

What I wanted to do was to have each event listener (button click) instantiate a new class (which would be in a separate .as file).  These new classes would create a new page... and have it's own event listeners.... but, this doesn't seem to work since the stage is attached only to Main.as... so, I am a little confused as to why this is the case... and about finding a workaround... it just seems really cumbersome to have everything located in the same file... in the same Class...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2014 Oct 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

or... I may be on the wrong track altogether... a better question may be what would be the best way, architecturally speaking, to create an app with multiple pages... where each page has different functions - specifically, interfacing with a database.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines