• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Win 7 Pro 64 bit

New Here ,
Oct 09, 2014 Oct 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have downloaded Adobe Flash Player using both Safari for Windows and Mozilla Firefox. In both cases, when starting the install I get the message that Flash Player is not a valid Win 32 bit program. The installation will not proceed. I have tried running it as Admistrator but it makes no difference. Is there a 64 bit version available?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

There is only one Flash Player installer and it supports both 32- and 64-bit operating systems.  Long ago (versions 11.0-11.2) there were two separate installers, but in 11.3 the two were combined into one single installer.

Is this the online installer, downloaded from get.adobe.com/flashplayer (file size is about 1 MB), or is it the full installer (file size is about 17 MB)? Also, what is the version of the installer being used (right-click on the file, select Properties > Details tab > File Version)

I'll request more information once I know which installer you are using.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As an aside, Safari for Windows stopped getting updates (including important security fixes) years ago, and we definitely aren't supporting it.

Google Chrome ships with a built-in Flash Player, so there's no separate download to mess with.  That might be an easy workaround if you're not married to using those browsers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 10, 2014 Oct 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bsm4624 wrote:

not a valid Win 32 bit program.

This means that the downloaded installer is corrupted.  Download it again, or download the offline installers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I downloaded the Flash Player Plug-in (All other browsers) and when I went to install it I got the message:

The program or feature "\?\G:\Downloads-Safari\install_flash_player.exe" cannot start or run due to incompatibility with 64-bit versions of Windows. Please contact the software vendor to ask if a 64-bit Windows compatible version is available.

I'm running Windows 7 Pro SP1. My browsers are:

Safari for Windows 5.1.7 (7534.57.2)

Firefox 31.0

IE 11.0.9600.17280

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe the download is corrupt again?  What is the size of the downloaded installer?  It should be 17.0 MB (17,903,792 bytes).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi BSM4624,

Please provide the FlashInstall.log file from \Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash AND \Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash using the instructions here, How to share a document.

Also, I noticed in your reply, that the installer is saved to the G: drive.  Is this where Windows is installed to or is Windows installed to a different drive?  Please provide a bit more information on your system configuration as it will help troubleshoot this issue.  Thank you.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find a lot of hits for this error message when I google for it.  My theory is that they're running one or more applications using the "Emulate this old version of Windows" Compatibility Mode feature in Win7 while trying to execute the installer.  This may be something that came pre-installed from your organization, maybe something that looks like an old-school DOS window or old Windows application...

My recommendations follow:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also tried to download it using Firefox and got a different message when I hit Install:

"The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Check your computer's system information to see whether you need an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher"

When the original error message appeared (after downloading using Safari) I forgot to mention that the message box was titled "Unsupported 16-bit Application".which makes even less sense.

I have been asked for the FlashInstall logs. I can't see how to upload these files. Could you point me in the right direction please?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First thing to check: file size.  If you cannot even start the installation, then there is no point posting the install log files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2014 Oct 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Both the Safari and Firefox downloads are 17,485Kb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 11, 2014 Oct 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think anything will be in the Install Logs, but still: use https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1408375

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 12, 2014 Oct 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Since we've exhausted the usual advice at this point, I'm curious to know if my recommendation works. 

Did the part about having running apps in compatibility mode sound familiar?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines