• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reconfiguring CF Connector

Explorer ,
Aug 19, 2007 Aug 19, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have CF 7 running in distributed mode (IIS as Web server on one PC and the CF App server w/ JRun on another PC) and everything is working fine. However, in this mode (by design) the image files (Gifs, Jpegs, etc.) that are referenced by pages are served by the IIS server. We have a graphics application that we're hosting in this environment where users upload pictures for others to view/download. The problem is that the uploaded files are transferred over the Jrun connector that binds the IIS Web server to ColdFusion, placing the files on the CF Server PC, not the IIS server. We can't move the files back to the Web server as it is on a separate network segment (DMZ) where FTP transfers are prohibited. Is there a way to modify the CF/Jrun connector so that requests received by IIS for image files are served by the CF app server PC? I know that this bypasses one of the intentions of distributed mode where HTML and image file requests are processed directly by the Web server for speed and load management, but that isn't an issue in our case; we're using distributed strictly to satisfy an IT security requirement.
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 20, 2007 Aug 20, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Given your set up, I think the approach that would make the most sense would be to copy/move the uploaded files to a network share that is accessilble by both the app (CF) and web (IIS) servers.

In IIS you could map a virtual folder to the network share. Viola.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd love to, as that sounds easier than trying to reconfigure the connector, but unfortuantely very little IP traffic is allowed between the two separate networks. File sharing protocols would definitely by not allowed by the IT staff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
That is unfortunate.

Alternatively, you could build .CFM pages to serve JPG/GIF content available on the app server. (Leveraging tags like <cfcontent>). Your web site would then have to change links from:
- http://www.mysite.com/images/user-uploaded/my_picture.jpg

to:
- http://www.mysite.com/view_user_uploaded_image.cfm?img=my_picture.jpg

(or something along those lines)

Make sense?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation