• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installation hangs as a process

New Here ,
Oct 12, 2014 Oct 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a client who can not get Flash installed on her system for Internet Explorer, or Firefox.  Her system is running Win 7 32-bit.

For either browser, when the installation process begins, it just hangs...For example in IE, I un-select the option for Chrome, then click the yellow Install button.

I get the "Initialzing" animation, and a moment later I get the "if you encounter a problem, blah blah" text.  And that's it.

If I check the Task Manager, the "install_flashplayer15x32ax_chrd_dn_awa_aih" process is still running, using 0% CPU time and about 12MB of RAM.  It hangs there forever.

I've tried uninstalling Flash and re-installing it, but have only made things worse.  (Firefox used to work.. it doesn't now)

Please, someone, toss me a bone here.  My only remaining option is a complete re-install at this point.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2014 Oct 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I checked the response to this thread:

Flash not installing

And it looks like it's working now.  I'll close this in the morning when I confirm with the client.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines