• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need browser to show Previous/Next buttons

Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2007 Aug 19, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both WebHelp and FlashHelp layouts display in full browser window when viewed within RoboHelp. But when called from within my MS Visual C++ application via a call to RH_ShowHelp, help is shown within a non-browser or limited-browser window. All I get is the blue title bar surrounding the skin. Is the problem with the arguments to RH_ShowHelp? I've tried hParent = 0 and (-1) and uCommand = HH_HELP_CONTEXT and HH_DISPLAY_TOPIC - same results. Or could the problem be with my browser settings?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 28, 2007 Aug 28, 2007
Thanks for the links. Opening specific help topics using the #topic_file.htm does the trick though I needed to convert all my application calls using message map ids to use the actual file names. It seems like the only way to get "true" previous/next buttons is to open the help within a browser. I'm working on that - can't seem to avoid the security check with IE 7. Thanks again for all the help. I'm learning so much reading these postings. What a great resource.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,
Aug 20, 2007 Aug 20, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi and welcome to the forums.

As I understand it, if your application does not specify a window the help should open in your default window. My developer uses a NULL window when using HH_HELP_CONTEXT and it always opens in my default window. I use compiled help and it sounds as if you are using WebHelp. I don't know the syntax for RH_ShowHelp but perhaps you could use either NULL or your window name in the call.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2007 Aug 20, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the welcome. My application does specify NULL as the window pointer which works as expected with compiled help. I want to use WebHelp, however, and I want it to open my default browser and display the context specific help topics as well as the main help topic all with the same format within the browser window - just like it appears when viewing the results of the main help topic from within RoboHelp. Currently it displays them in a regular window (not a browser). The context specific help does not show the toc/search/index tabs unless you click a link labeled "show". The main help topic does show the toc/search/index tabs. But nowhere are there previous/next arrows. I'm guessing I have to make some changes to the RH_ShowHelp code but it looks like greek to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2007 Aug 23, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New information. This appears to have nothing to do with my application. When I use the CSH Test tool in RoboHelp to test my context sensitive help, the help opens up the same type of window I was talking about - a non browser window with the help text and a "Show" link which, when clicked, shows the skin with Contents, Index, Search, etc. but no previous/next buttons. So my revised questions are: 1) is there a way to put previous/next buttons in the skin; and 2) is there a way to open the context sensitive help with the skin visible (as though you had clicked the Show link)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Aug 23, 2007 Aug 23, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi annock

You might wish to take a look at the following links and see if they clear anything up.

Link one
Link two
Link three

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 28, 2007 Aug 28, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks for the links. Opening specific help topics using the #topic_file.htm does the trick though I needed to convert all my application calls using message map ids to use the actual file names. It seems like the only way to get "true" previous/next buttons is to open the help within a browser. I'm working on that - can't seem to avoid the security check with IE 7. Thanks again for all the help. I'm learning so much reading these postings. What a great resource.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp