• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I extend the trial period of Adobe RoboHelp software

Oct 13, 2014 Oct 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have installed the RoboHelp 11 version on 18th of September 2014 and it is going to expire on 17th of October 2014. I would like to explore the software more before we decide to buy the software. So, it would be great if you could suggest me a way to extend the trial software for another 30 days.

Regards,

Pallavi

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 14, 2014 Oct 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry but that's it unless there is a very exceptional reason. Why could you not complete your testing within 30 days as most people find that sufficient?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 14, 2014 Oct 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pallavi,

Do you have access to another PC?

If you need to carry out further evaluation you can install the software on a different machine which will give you a further 30 days.

Kind Regards

Craig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2014 Nov 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have had the same issue of needing some more trial time and got the same answer from an Adobe representative -- I would need to download a trial to a different machine. Difficult in my case as I have only 1 laptop at home and work remotely. The other suggestion I was given was to read their documentation about the RH11 features and use that to help make my decision -- but I can't build a case to upgrade from their documentation alone.

I am disappointed that I couldn't be given just another day or two of a trial as that is all I would need to generate a few outputs and see if results I saw during my April trial might have improved in the latest version of their trial for that software. For the April trial, I was not satisfied with how the Responsive HTML 5 output from the RH11 trial was behaving and also was not satisfied with a WebHelp output created from the trial (I had hoped it would address some IE11 issues in WebHelp that I produce in RH9, but the issues were still present in the RH11 Webhelp output). I need a physical example of output that addresses my company's needs and that performs well in order to build a case for upgrading.

If anyone learns of other options or of a policy change in the future to allow additional days for a trial, I would appreciate the info being shared here.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp