• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash player upgrade alert doesn't appear for users

New Here ,
Oct 13, 2014 Oct 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I realize there's been an upgrade to the Flash player.

I have a client whose web site is built in Flash, however, and all that appears for her and most of her audience (PC, I think) is a blank screen -- no alert to let the users know that an upgrade is available.

Here is the web site:

http://www.axwildtours.com

I would like for users with outdated Flash players (or perhaps Internet Explorer) to try this link and let me know how I can fix this issue.

Many thanks,

Susan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 14, 2014 Oct 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In general, Flash Player is backwards-compatible.  A new upgrade shouldn't render the site useless.  My guess is that changes to Internet Explorer are actually at the root of the problem, but a survey of what configurations the site does and doesn't render under would be useful in understanding what's happening.  At a quick glance, I see that there are some conditional comments in your HTML, which IE no longer supports. 

You might want to take a look at using SWFObject to embed the SWFs instead of using the Object/Embed tags that you're currently using:

swfobject - SWFObject is an easy-to-use and standards-friendly method to embed Flash content, which ...

This may also be related to ActiveX filtering in IE.  When I view the site in IE11, I get the prompt asking if I want to show Flash content.  Once I allow it, the content renders as expected.

ActiveX Filtering

There are a bunch of free tools for testing against Internet Explorer over at http://modern.ie/.  They might be useful in helping you modify your site to be compatible across IE versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines