• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

create a recording and import it into a new captivate file. (v8)

Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2014 Oct 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to create a recording and import it into a new captivate file. (v8) I used to be able to in 7 - but I can't figure it out in 8. help!

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2014 Oct 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found it!! Publish and then use Media HTML 5 Animation! whew!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 14, 2014 Oct 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Were you talking about a cpvc or cptx recording with Captivate or about another recording? If it is a CP-recording there are better ways.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was talking about a recording a software simulation and publishing it and then pulling it into a captivate project. I would love to hear more from you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cpvc or cptx? The first is pure video, the last can be interactive. Your term 'software simulation' seems to point to the latter. If you publish to MP4 you lose all interactivity, that is a video format.

Do you have interactivity? It is a much better idea just to copy the slides of the software simulation in the main project. One caveat: you need them to have the same resolution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, interaction. (although I may change to pure video) but for now interaction. I didn't want to copy the slides into the main project because I am using a main project template that has space on some master slides to "hold" the simulation (or video). I hope that makes sense. In other words. I am capturing the software simulation at a smaller size screen resolution and pulling the published file into one of the main project slides.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a look at this article, maybe it can help you. It is still working, although the post was for an earlier version:

Create and Use a "Knockout" Master Slide - Captivate blog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2014 Nov 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't have time to thank you when I posted this. Your comments helped. I ended up creating a simulation recording and pulling in to my file using media html 5 animation and I had to work through the sizing. Your comments helped me get there! thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 15, 2014 Nov 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The thread is still marked as Unanswered.

You lost interactivity with the way you solved it, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources