• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Returned book can't be added to ADE

Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2014 Oct 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I accidentally returned the wrong book to OpenLibrary and ADE won't let me add the book again as it's already been returned, even though I've redownloaded the book.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 14, 2014 Oct 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if this will work but it might:

Using Windows Explorer find My Digital Editions in your My Documents folder.

Find the book you returned and delete it.  Apparently ADE leaves books in My Digital Editions after they are returned but flags them so they won't open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2014 Oct 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to wait for the book loan to expire. BTW, I don't use Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 16, 2014 Oct 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had not noticed that effect on Open Library, I have 'returned' books early and they then became available for others to check out but I never tried to re-download inside the loan period.  Re not using Windows: I expect there will still be an equivalent folder to "My Digital Editions" into which ADE saves each epub.  It still might be worth searching for the book and deleting it from that folder then trying to re-download the book.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines