• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

why am I not informed that another program will be downloaded with Adobe update

New Here ,
Oct 16, 2014 Oct 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why an I not informed that Adobe update will install another program with in,such as McAfee.. I don't want programs that i don't choose myself

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's listed, but unfortunately it's auto-checked so you have to pay attention and opt-out.

afaik, everyone that has no power to change that agrees with you that it should be an opt-in option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, When the update showed up on my desktop,it just said download,I didn'e see anything abaout another program along with it, I'll pay closer attention to it next time.   Larry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh, you may be right.

when you go to the flash player web page, Adobe - Install Adobe Flash Player you'll see the mcafee option.  but if you allow auto-updates, you may not see that.

i never allow flash player to auto-update for that reason (and because i am a flash developer and use a different flash player version to debug web-based swfs).  you have limited (or no) control over what happens when you allow flash player to auto-update.

i hate that and sympathize with the plight you went through.  it happened to me once many years ago.  i learned to never allow that again. 

hopefully, you were able to uninstall mcafee and not have any residual problem-causing detritus left on your system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstalled it immediately. i will take your advice about no automatic updates.I'll do it online.

Thanks again  Larry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines