• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Silent command line for Flash player 15.0.0.189 version

Oct 15, 2014 Oct 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Every one,

Need silent installation command line for Flash player 15.0.0.189 (EXE installer) for Win 7 x64 machine. I got msi installer file as well but that has 2 names the and also if anyone can let me know the difference betinstall_flash_player_15_plugin.msi and install_flash_player_15_active_x.msi.   If i am not wrong, both should be same.please correct me

i tried, below options but nothing works. Hope you guys can provide me some inputs.

-install -silent

/silent

-silent

/s

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 16, 2014 Oct 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Since you downloaded the MSI installers you'll need to use msiexec commands to install.  You can type msiexec into the command window and a window will display with the various options available.  If you want to use the EXE installer, the silent install command -install.  Both files you downloaded are valid, however, install_flash_player_15_plugin.msi is for non-IE browsers and install_flash_player_15_active_x.msi is for Internet Explorer.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 16, 2014 Oct 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Maria for the info & help.

I was main looking to suppress EXE installer which i figured it out by digging more.  Installer download the files to %Temp% location but that will be deleted in 2 -3 seconds so cannot copy from that location. Then i look into the install log of flash player which gave me the location %LocalAppData% and can copy the exe installer (install_flash_player_ax.exe) and providing -install parameter to suppress to make it silent installation.

To add more on Autoupdates settings:

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/administration-configure-auto-update-notification.html

Hope it helps for some else.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 17, 2014 Oct 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Eng2581,

It seems you are using the installer downloaded from get.adobe.com/flashplayer.  Is this correct? If so, that installer will not work in silent mode.  It's actually just a shim installer that downloads and installs Flash Player silently.  If you expand more on what you're objective is (e.g. install Flash Player silently on a personal pc, or distribute Flash Player within your org), I can provide more detailed information to your particular situation.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have downloaded adobe flash player 15 from Adobe - Install Adobe Flash Player . but when try to push(after package creation) from landesk it is failing. Do we have any way to create and push package form landesk.

Regards

Praveen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Praveen,

The installers posted to get.adobe.com/flashplayer are shim installers that download/install Flash Player silently.  They are not meant to be used in any sort of software management/distribution system.  Based on your post, you want to distribute Flash Player within your organization, which requires a distribution license to do so.  I'm guessing you don't have the license, else you wouldn't be downloading the installers from get.adobe.com/flashplayer.  You can apply for the license here, Adobe Flash Player Distribution | Adobe.

After applying for the license, the email you receive will contain a link to download the full installers, EXE or MSI, or the SCUP and CUPT catalogs for distribution, if your system management software supports SCUP/CUPT.  If you have Macs in your organization, we also provide a PKG installer for distribution using software distribution systems such as Casper.

More information on licensing Flash Player is available here, Adobe Flash Player | FAQ (towards the bottom of the page).

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 19, 2014 Oct 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maria, Thanks for your reply.

Basically i am from SCCM distribution team, we have a request to upgrade flash player in our organization. So i was looking to deploy silently v15.0.0.189 version on users machines and how about the license requirement, is it required as already we are using Flash player from long time in our org, Is it am i missing something ??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2014 Oct 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maria,

Thanks for reply, We are able to successfully install adobe flash player 15 from Adobe - Install Adobe Flash Player in our organization on multiple machines manually but not able to deploy through Landesk. Could you please suggest if there any answer file require for the same or other solution for the same.

Regards

Praveen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2014 Oct 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maria,

Thanks for reply, We are able to successfully install adobe flash player 15 from Adobe - Install Adobe Flash Player in our organization on multiple machines manually but not able to deploy through Landesk. Could you please suggest if there any answer file require for the same or other solution for the same.

Awaiting for your reply.

Regards

Praveen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2014 Oct 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Praveen,

IM a team of SCCM too but ive made my package succesfully and get distribute it but when we want to suppress flash32_15_0_0_167.ocx in C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash we cant because the internet explorer is open and can get it done until he is not close... but in the earlier version we were able to do it but with the version 189 cant do it....

Any idea?

Mathg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2014 Oct 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mathg/Maria

It looks your are able to distribute package successfully. Have you used some specific way to distribute the package. Is there any answer file/way is used for the same because i am using Landesk tool to distribute the package and getting fail.

Regards

Praveen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 27, 2014 Oct 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Eng2581,

Yes, the license is required to distribute Flash Player within your organization, regardless if you've been doing it for years without one.  Please apply for the license at Adobe Flash Player Distribution | Adobe.

@Praveen,

Please see my original response to you.  The file you are downloading from get.adobe.com/flashplayer is NOT to be used in any sort of SCCM or similar software for installing Flash Player.  If you have not done so yet, you will need to apply for the distribution license.  After doing so you will receive an email that contains the URL to the page to download the install files.  The Adobe Flash Player Administration Guide for Flash Player | Adobe Developer Connection also contains information on distributing Flash Player within your organization.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines