• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

photoshop detected an error in your display driver- cs6

New Here ,
Aug 05, 2012 Aug 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Hp pavilion desktop with an Intel Core2 Duo, I istalled the latest driver but it will not work, is there a solucion to this problem?

Thank you.

Controlador Grafico Intel.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 05, 2012 Aug 05, 2012

I don't think your card has enough vram for cs6.

A minimum of 512 mb for video card ram is recommened for cs6 extended and 256 mb of vram for cs6 standard.

Although some people can get the gpu to work with less.

I think the major problem is that intel chipset G33/G31, which is not very good at all and kinda dated will never work with photoshop cs6.

I don't think it even worked with cs4 or cs5 either.

When i say won't work, you just won't have any gpu driven functions in cs6, but cs6 should work othe

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think your card has enough vram for cs6.

A minimum of 512 mb for video card ram is recommened for cs6 extended and 256 mb of vram for cs6 standard.

Although some people can get the gpu to work with less.

I think the major problem is that intel chipset G33/G31, which is not very good at all and kinda dated will never work with photoshop cs6.

I don't think it even worked with cs4 or cs5 either.

When i say won't work, you just won't have any gpu driven functions in cs6, but cs6 should work otherwise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your answer Kelly, Can I buy a new video card (which one?) is this possible? or I need a new computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most destops have a slot for an add on graphics (video card) card.

I'd stick with ATI (Radeon) or Nvidia graphics cards.

As to which one, there are so many it depends on your budget, but you can certainly get one that will work for under $100.

I'm sure others wiil chime in with some good recomendations, but you can look at this site to get an idea of the performance of cards in different price ranges:

http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2013 Mar 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Late to the party but hey.

I found this on another site and it is the ONLY thing that helped CS6 work for me despite having a good, fully functioning and updated ATI graphics card. Adobe support kept telling me that it was the graphics card. Problem with the graphics card my arse.

"alright this may help some ppl out as i had to figure it out myself,

with photoshop cs6 there is a graphics processing system which uses your gpu,

however mine worked for a day then stopped...

a file called sniffer_gpu.exe under your adobe program files...

this basically sniffs out any issues with ur gpu drivers or card, however it seems to find problems which are total "BS"

FIX...

simply change the name of the file to sniffer_gpu2.exe (search your adobe files)_(and any problems just change it back to original name)

i have it working 100% now, no greyed out filters since i made the change how this helps someone else as the net is full of questions on how to fix this issue.

"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but you really do have a problem with your GPU or the drivers for it.

Your workaround is just exposing you to crashes and problems with your video card and it's drivers.

The GPU Sniffer is there to test the drivers before they can crash Photoshop or show problems, and the sniffer works quite reliably.

So basically all you are doing is exposing yourself to bugs in the drivers that Photoshop already knows about and was avoiding so you wouldn't crash or get artifacts on screen while working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mistresswench, thank you for your description of a workaround that essentially disables Photoshop's GPU checks, but a more reasonable approach would be to describe the problems you're having here.  Unfortunately, fooling directly with files in the Photoshop installation area is going to have another bad effect:  It will break your ability to update Photoshop when the next revision is released.

With an ATI card, "up to date" drivers are not what you want right now.  ATI has released a series of bum drivers that don't properly support Photoshop.  But that's about to change:  They've published 13.2 beta drivers that actually DO restore Photoshop functionality, proving that it is still possible.

As of right now your choices for ATI drivers that work with Photoshop are Catalyst 12.8 (released), or Catalyst 13.2 (beta).  Go to the AMD web site and seek out specifically the version you want.  Downgrading is more difficult (requiring the uninstall of the current version), so I suggest upgrading to the current 13.2 beta.  We all hope they don't break something again before 13.2 is released.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2013 Mar 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently running 13.2beta with my HD6670 and still get the "photoshop detected an error in your display driver" error description. Only 12.2 has ever worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hm, I wonder if maybe it's possible that you've accumulated components from several different driver versions.

What does Help - System Info in Photoshop show?

Have you tried running the ATI complete driver removal tool, then installation of a specific driver version?

http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/Pages/catalyst-uninstall-utility.aspx

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, this morning I restored my PC from its factory disks, and have been using the default microsoft drivers from windows update until 15 minutes before that post. I read your post about using13.2 beta , tried it out then posted the reply above.
However I uninstalled 13.2beta7 and went to try out 12.8 then I blue screened every time I tried to install the graphics driver. Bare with me for a mo

I will note that I use triple monitors, the HD6670 is the primary card which runs 2 screens, and my built-in intel 2000 to drive the third. I've disabled the intel graphics entirely, ran the ati removal, and 12.8 works fine. I'll try again with the beta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aha, Photoshop has NEVER worked very well with multiple different video cards.

If I remember the 6670 right, you can actually run 3 monitors from it.  That might be a way to go.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm that disabling my intel graphics allows hardware acceleration as normal It's weird how it works with Catalyst 12.2 and below though.
Also wasnt isolated to Photoshop either, Sony Vegas wouldnt allow GPU rendering on newer Catalyst versions.

Sadly my 6670 doesnt have a DisplayPort, so I can only have 2 seperate screens. I'll have to upgrade to a newer card in the future
Thanks for the help tho.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Late last year I moved up from your 6670's predecessor, the 5670, to a VisionTek Radeon HD 7850.  It has a lot of connectors available - the ATI folks on their forum assured me it could actually drive up to 4 monitors.  The 7850 has been a quite good card for Photoshop, though with ATI botching up so many releases of their drivers (across the board) recently I have to wonder whether someone buying a new card wouldn't be better off considering nVidia at this point.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2014 Oct 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so so much! I had to sign in just to comment and thank you for you have been of great help. I did the quick fix and it solved the problem.I tried everything!! I wish i got this before. But good things take long to come! Thank you ❤️

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines