Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Builder 4.7 + OSX 10.10 Yosemite + File Dialogue Box = CRASH :-(

Explorer ,
Aug 14, 2014 Aug 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem Description:

When attempting to use a Flash Builder File Dialogue Box under OSX 10.10 Yosemite will immediately crash the application. This bug essentially now renders Flash Builder 100% useless!

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Open Flash Builder 4.7 on OSX 10.10 Yosemite

2. Attempt to use any File Dialogue Box, such as "Browse.." etc

Actual Result:

The application immediately crashes.

Expected Result:

You should be able to conduct the action, such as loading a Flex Project, adding an SDK etc.

Any Workarounds:

None

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are we finally going to get an update of FB? Please!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could never understand how Adobe could essentially stop development of Flash Builder. I'm glad Adobe is creating new HTML 5 tools, but it needs to (at the very least) keep Flash Builder updated to function properly. Seeing how Flash Builder is now essentially dead on OSX 10.10, getting an updated release of Flash Builder seems like a critical priority.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears that the issue could possibly be related to Java**

See: OS X Yosemite (10.10) BETA Known Issues - IS&T Contributions - Hermes

**Flash Builder 4.7 requires legacy Java SE 6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2014 Sep 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I've been affected by this, but still paying my monthly membership. No response from Adobe, no plan of action.

Yosemite is potentially "official" in just 2 days. Will we have our fix then? Can I halt my Adobe Creative Cloud membership fees until they fix this issue?

This is the only thing I use and am paying for Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would highly recommend you consider moving to HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript and WebGL.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL

anyways, I've attempted to update the java symlink to move back to java 1.6 to see if that works.

java -version should report something like "java 1.7.0_xxx" for yosemite

sudo rm /usr/bin/java  (remove our current java symlink to 1.7.x)

sudo ln -s /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.6/Commands/java /usr/bin/java (sets up the new symlink)

java -version should now report something like "java 1.6.0_xx"

Done.

Open file-dialog chooser in FB. Still explodes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Builder was truly a great tool, just as Flash Player and AIR were once the best options for developing your ideas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aye, so sad.

"Hey everyone, let's move away from What's-Working to Almost-a-Spec-But-Still-A-Few-Years-Away"

At least I still have IntelliJ.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You only have to look at the state of Flash Builder to understand "what's working". Again, just spend some time looking at what HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript and WebGL can offer you right now. I think you'll be surprised that you can create your web, desktop or mobile applications with the same quality and dependability you once had with the older technologies. 

Whatever choice you make, best of luck to you! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup. I've been building many business solutions for clients using HTML5 / JS for the past several years. It's "mostly good" for their needs. Still tons of debugging across each browser, but whatever; par for the course in web.

But for games, after all this time, I still haven't seen the "HTML5 killer". Lots and lots of "demos" saying how great it is, but no "killer".

Maybe Runescape's new client will be the closest?

Thanks mate, same to you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2014 Oct 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any news on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe please prove me wrong, but per conversations I had at MAX, there won't be any news on this, ever...  😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Time to cancel our creative cloud subscriptions and move to IntelliJ IDEA?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wouldn't be so radical but yeah, might be a good time to start learning other stuff like http://openFrameworks.cc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2014 Oct 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Flash Builder 4.7 + OS X 10.9.5 Mavericks, and the file dialog does crash FB, but only sometimes.  It seems to crash it when I click the "Favorites" column, but even when I don't do that, it seems to crash FB about every other time. 

I was just about to upgrade to OS X 10.10; but are you saying that with OS X 10.10, the file dialog crashes FB every single time?  Maybe I won't upgrade...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also crashes after opening file dialog to select certificates, iOS provisioning profiles or ANEs.

Already sent ~1,000,000 crash reports... 

😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's kind of a stupid work-around (stupid because you shouldn't have to do it), but

Instead of using "browse" or "open", try typing the filepath into the filepath field.  I know this won't work everywhere, but it does work in some places, such as importing projects.

Use an actual Finder window to copy-paste the filepath.

(This might be helpful to you to easily copy filepaths: http://stationinthemetro.com/2014/06/04/copy-file-path-as-text-in-mac-os-x )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2014 Oct 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just grab a copy of Intellij IDEA and set up your projects there. You will not regret it. Oh... do not forget to cancel your Creative Cloud subscriptions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2014 Oct 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not upgraded my system to 10.10 yet because of these problems, but I installed Flash Builder 4.6 on a different mac in our department which is already running 10.10 - and I did not find these problems, everything works fine.

The user of this mac told me that he was asked by a popup to install Apple java 6 after he tried to open his Adobe Illustrator CS6. Did you try this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2014 Nov 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just two days ago I upgraded to Yosemite, and then could not start Flash Builder 4.7 this morning with this error popup: "To open Adobe Flash Builder 4.7 you need to install the legacy Java SE 6 ..."

I downloaded and installed this version of Java for Mac: Java for OS X 2014-001, restarted my machine, and all was well again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2014 Nov 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And is it still working well for you since you installed that legacy version of Java?

Im still using flashbuilder 4.6 (not even 4.7) and I can only imagine the issues I would probably have... I think I'll hold off on upgrading to Yosemite.  But really was looking forward to it and will HAVE to at some point... maybe this is a good time to look at an alternative to flashbuilder (but I really like it).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2014 Nov 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded to 10.10 and my FB 4.6 is running without problems after I installed the alternative Java version. I hope that I can use my FB 4.6 still for some time because for me the design view is a very handy tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2014 Nov 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, FB 4.7 is still working fine for me, and I'm using it daily right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2014 Nov 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this got FB 4.7 running for me

Use the CC Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems | CC, CS3-CS6

unfortunately my iOS app no longer compiles a usable ipa!

i'm rebuilding the project and AIRSDK etc step by step in the hope a clean start solves it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines