9 Replies Latest reply on Oct 18, 2014 1:06 PM by DaBroek

Welcome Screen Freezes Mac 10.7.5

Yankee Rebel Level 1

I downloaded the latest update to PS2014 CC a little bit ago and when I launched it it froze similar to the way Illustrator and In Design did several months ago.

With that prob I had to go to the app's icon, right click and choose "show package contents". From there I had to delete a file but have forgotten what and where it was.

Is anyone else experiencing same prob or know how to delete the conflicting file?

Thanks, Tony

Mac Pro (2006) 2 x 2.66 Dual-Core, 8GB 667 MHz DDR2

• 1. Re: Welcome Screen Freezes Mac 10.7.5
          Yankee Rebel Level 1

forgot to include version: 15.2.0.

• 2. Re: Welcome Screen Freezes Mac 10.7.5
            GautamBahl Adobe Employee

Hi Yankee,

Please navigate to the location

Users/[user name]/Library/Preferences/Adobe Photoshop CC 2014Settings and rename the file Adobe Photoshop CC 2014Prefs.psp to Adobe Photoshop CC 2014Prefs.psp.old

Try to launch Photoshop CC 2014 again and check if the issue persists.

Thank you for posting on Adobe Forums.

• 3. Re: Welcome Screen Freezes Mac 10.7.5
              Yankee Rebel Level 1

Thanks for reply...

under "users", then my name, there is no "Library" folder shown. Did a search for the filename: "Adobe Photoshop CC 2014Prefs.psp" and it too does not show up.

• 4. Re: Welcome Screen Freezes Mac 10.7.5

Hi Yankee,

Please open the finder window, click on go and choose go to folder and type ~/library and press enter.

Then go to Preferences/Adobe Photoshop CC 2014 settings and rename the file.

Thanks

• 5. Re: Welcome Screen Freezes Mac 10.7.5
                  Yankee Rebel Level 1

again thanks...

followed instructions and renamed file. it then automatically adds the extension ".psp" which I figured it should've.

Now, when I launch Photoshop the Welcome Screen does not show but the computer still completely freezes. The mouse will move but no keystrokes work. Scrolling with mouse over hidden dock area does not reveal the dock and since I can't use keystrokes I cannot open "Force Quit Application" utility.

Thanks

• 6. Re: Welcome Screen Freezes Mac 10.7.5
                    Yankee Rebel Level 1

Then I removed the pref from the folder and placed it on desktop. This time it looked as though it was gonna launch correctly, the splash screen showed, then the palettes but then the Welcome screen popped up. It was blank and all froze.

This is exactly what happened to In Design when I switched to Adobe CC from the old Suite 6. A blank Welcome window appeared and it froze.

Is there a way for me to go back to the previous PS2014 CC version I was using?

Tony

• 7. Re: Welcome Screen Freezes Mac 10.7.5

Hi Yankee,

You can revert to Photoshop CC 2014 15.0 version from the creative cloud desktop app.

Under find new apps if you click on install next to Photoshop you can choose 15.0 from there.

Thanks

• 8. Re: Welcome Screen Freezes Mac 10.7.5
                        DaBroek Level 1

Gautam,

I am having the same issues with both Photoshop  and Illustrator.

The Adobe rep helped me install the older version of Photoshop but now having the same issue with Illustrator.

Reverting to the older version is only a temporary fix and does not really seem to be the very best answer, can you offer a better solution that allows the end user to have the latest software and do away with the useless "Welcome" screen?

Yankee has the very same issue I am having. Changing up the preferences file does nothing to help. Need to delete or rename the specific file related to the welcome screen, can you offer help?

Thanks in advance.

• 9. Re: Welcome Screen Freezes Mac 10.7.5
                          DaBroek Level 1

Yankee,

Did you find a fix?

Reverting to an older version is not really a fix and I am having the very same issue as you.

I am running OS X 10.7.5 on an older Mac Pro and like you had an issue with Indesign on a previous update.

I did find an answer on the forums about deleting a library file which worked wonderfully but like you do not remember exactly what file it was.

Thanks in advance for your time and hope you found a better solution than what Gautam offered.