Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Inconsistent Webhelp Search Results

New Here ,
Oct 17, 2014 Oct 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a webhelp generated from Robohelp 10, where I've been running into issues with the search results.

I ran a search for "predicate" (without the quotation marks) via the search pane on the left, and got only 1 result. I noticed that "predicat" instead of "predicate" was highlighted in the search result pages. I ran another search for "predicates" (without the quotation marks) and got 6 results. This time "predicate" was highlighted instead in the search result pages.

I assume that Robohelp dropped the "s" to encompass both singular and plural version of a search term, but I don't know why:

• Robohelp drops the "e" in a search term"
  • Robohelp did not return the additional 5 results for "predicate"

I checked the search options in the Webhelp Single Source Layout but didn't see any options that would affect the issue above. How do I get it so that my search results are consistent at the very least e..g, "predicates" and "predicate" will return the same number of results?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 19, 2014 Oct 19, 2014

The fact that the "e" is not highlighted is a known bug. Please report it again as the more people who do etc.

Please follow this link.

http://www.Adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform&product=38

It's not clear from your post how many instances of predicate and predicates should be found.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 19, 2014 Oct 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fact that the "e" is not highlighted is a known bug. Please report it again as the more people who do etc.

Please follow this link.

http://www.Adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform&product=38

It's not clear from your post how many instances of predicate and predicates should be found.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2014 Nov 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the answer! I'm sorry as I did not get to it earlier - the forum display makes it hard to tell if there were any responses and I just skipped it thinking that no one replied. I have reported the bug.

As to your question: the 2nd search of "predicates"with 6 topics in the result should be correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 24, 2014 Nov 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just tested in a new project and put the words "predicate" and "predicates" in two topics. The highlighting is wrong but both searches find all instances.

Try a simple two topic new project next and see if that gives the expected results.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp