Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Process for customising BC site templates

Explorer ,
Oct 16, 2014 Oct 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've been looking through BC Gurus which is great, although quite in depth, I should explain I am very new to BC and Web design in general. Whilst looking around the net it suggests it would be quicker to take a BC template and customise for my clients needs.

However, I can not find any decent tutorials for a sensible process for taking a template and customising. I suspect I should be looking to edit the main site CSS file and default template, but is that correct?

In a nutshell, I took the Halftone template, applied to my site, synced with Dreamweaver, now what! I can't even find how to change the logo

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Grant

TOPICS
Newbie Corner

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 20, 2014 Oct 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this forum not widely used? No replies in four days after the post would suggest this isn't the best place to get help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 20, 2014 Oct 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Grant, The forums are very active.

There are a number of us that are not fans of the - just edit templates to create clients sites so some of us wont comment on this. But in terms of what your asking is quite broad, its a lot to do with HTML and CSS and Javascript knowledge.. on top of that BC knowledge as well.

A logo change is going to the content holder or part of the template where the logo is and changing the image html. This is more standard html and css knowledge and people spend a long time learning this and a wealth of information. I do not use templates for example so I can only give a broad answer on how to edit html for example. If you need to learn html and css stuff there is a million and one things out there. In the guide section on these forums there are docs about things and also links to guide sites like BC Gurus to help learn BC and this stuff.

So it is quite hard to post a helpful response so I guess that is why you not got a reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 23, 2014 Oct 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Grant,

There are some free templates on my site - bcappcenter.com - It could be a good start to look at those so you can get used to customising a site.

Every BC template is also made differently so it is a exceptionally broad subject you have asked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines