Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

mcafee loading automatically

Explorer ,
Jul 22, 2010 Jul 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe,

You need to quit pushing mcafee scan on everyone.  When you down load the flash player, you are installing Mcaffee scan on computers, even when it is unchecked.  I have another solution, and I don't want or need Mcaffee.  In fact, it always messes up my machine.

Quit forcing this worthless application on people!

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Did McAfee install even when you had unchecked the box? If it did, there is an Uninstall procedure for it. Let me know.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave.Cox wrote:

Adobe,

This is a user-to-user forum; you are not addressing Adobe here.  Feedback to Adobe is done in this forum http://forums.adobe.com/community/general/adobedotcom_feedback

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2010 Dec 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pwillener wrote:

Dave.Cox wrote:

Adobe,

This is a user-to-user forum; you are not addressing Adobe here.  Feedback to Adobe is done in this forum http://forums.adobe.com/community/general/adobedotcom_feedback

see this thread.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/2368486

Why defend Adobe when it is doing something so unconscionable?

Or see THIS thread which is now conveniently archived.'

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/581340

Let's stop defending Adobe at eery turn please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

annoyed231 wrote:

But what is the point of constantly complaining to your fellow users???  We can't do anything about it...

(Except, of course, to tell you not to install crapware; why install it if you don't want it?  I have never installed it, never will, and therefore never complain about it!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pwillener wrote:

annoyed231 wrote:

(Except, of course, to tell you not to install crapware; why install it if you don't want it?  I have never installed it, never will, and therefore never complain about it!)

You have never installed crapware.

You never will install crapware.

You will therefore never complain about crapware being installed on your computer.

sigh..

Good for you. I congratulate you on your internet savvy;

You still seem not able to get it.

The crapware was installed without our consent.

HELLO !

HELLO !

Without our consent.

I know you are a valued contributor to this forum and have helped hundreds if not thousands address their issues regarding paths and channels and I salute you for it.

But please stop weighing in on this particular topic with your demeaning and unhelpful comments that make us sufferers feel that maybe we are stupid.

None of us are stupid.

NONE OF US.. OK ?

We all got shafted into installing Mcaffee on our precious computers and are rightfully pissed off.

You, as an Adobe supporter should be pissed off too.

Is this the kind of activity you would wish your mother ship to be engaged in?

Of course not.

It is clear from your posts that you deplore unauthorized bundling,

All I am asking is that you recognize that unauthorized bundling has occurred !

Please stop impugning the people who have posted here.

Please recognize that there are people other than yourself who have a modicum of internet savvy and faced with a proper dialogue box would decline to install an unwanted program !

I was never faced with a proper dialogue box and if you take the time to read you will see that others have the same complaint.

Adobe is being deceitful.

Adobe is trying to ram Mcaffee down our throats.

Adobe is NOT offering options or clickable boxes.

Adobe is deceptively forcing users of Reader to install Mcaffee.

Understood?

Deceptively !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still, there is nothing I can do about it, nor anyone else on this forum.

Complain to Adobe, not to us fellow users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2010 Dec 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the point here is not to "complain" to users, but to make other users aware of Adobe's unethical practices.

I just installed Reader on a new workstation and was not even given the option of not installing mcafee.

So now, because of the info on this formun, I will make sure to search for clean installers rather than doing auto updates to flash and reader. What a pain. There are other options available instead of Acrobat these days, and Adobe has just lost a customer because of this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 23, 2010 Jul 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the responses.

Yes, I was able to uninstall.

Thank you for the reference to the feedback page.  I have reposted there.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 19, 2010 Sep 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add me to the grownig list of people who are very angry that Adobe is selling access to my computer by defaulting to install McAfee which I do not want. I am also annoyed that there is no practical feedback mechanism.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2010 Oct 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://forums.adobe.com/message/3219459#3219459

I agree it alienates users for product spam..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 24, 2010 Oct 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today i got a flashplayer update trough the firefox update.

I havent seen any checkbox and im always really carefull while installing software...

Adobe stop being a spyware publisher!

Thank god Apple is getting rid of youre lousy flash/spyware stuff, i hope Microsoft will do the same.

And this forum reply box feels slowww, it must be flash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 26, 2010 Dec 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know about you, but my point was not to complain to other users, but to tell Adobe to stop these unetical practices.  I spend a lot of money with this company, and I don't appreciate the fact that 1) they don't provide a good way for customers to provide feed back, and 2) they act like low-life scam artists.  And, my origianl complaint remains.  Adobe pushes this software on users, many times without asking for permission to install it.  This is completly unacceptable!

Dave Cox

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 21, 2011 Aug 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once again, the flash player update install McAfee Security scan on my computer, without asking for permission, or giving me the opportunity to not load it.  Adobe, Stop Doing This!  I don't need or want this! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You still haven't learned anything...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and You still haven't learned anything either.

Still defending your beloved Adobe .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 22, 2011 Aug 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since Adobe is obviously not listining. I am sharing my frutrations here.  If enough users complain, maybe Adobe will take notice.  In the mean time, if you don't like it, ignore it.  Your comments are uncalled for.  I call you by name, but I can't read your stupid signaure font.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 22, 2011 Aug 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave.Cox wrote:

Adobe is obviously not listining.

No, this is a user forum.  Continuing to complain to your fellow users will not change anything.  The only thing you can do

• stop using the download manager, as advised
  • complain to Adobe https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 20, 2014 Oct 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same issue, and complained about it in another Adobe forum.  I actually did receive an intelligent response that was very helpful (from Pat Willener.)

Please check out this thread.  McAfee and Flash Player - STOP IT!!!!

V/r,

^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines