• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Working with angles in illustrator, defining, measuring, replicating...

New Here ,
Mar 02, 2010 Mar 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I just created a shape in illustator using the polygone tool, but then had to create another 8 versions of a square to match up one of the exact angles I was trying to replicate from the created polygon.

Just wondering is there anyway to match up the angles easier, or to set certain angles when creating shapes.

I matched the angle to a sheer of a square at 29.7 vertical, but I still don't know if 29.7 is exact enough as I still think its not the exact angle, and could be 29.75 etc

Any help would be great

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Setting exact angles is possible by:

1. Select your object

2. Choose the rotation tool

3. Option/Alt Click on your object

A dialog box will appear, you can rotate an exact angle by entering the amount.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2014 Oct 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But if I want to rotate around a pivot point with an exact angle (that is not 45° etc?)

Feels like this is a simple operation that shouldn't require creating an other object.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rotate tool: Option click on the point you want to rotate the object around. This calls up the dialogue box and you can enter the angle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Steve is correct. The rotate tools allows you move the center point otherwise called pivot point. When you hold down the alt or opt key and click the new location, the rotate dialog box will pop up, assuming it is active.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Think of a polygon like a circle with a limited number of sides. A circle has a circumference of 360 degrees. Takes the number of sides and divide it by 360 and you will have the angle required to place an object around the polygon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines