• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate + IE6 = lockups, and Mozilla FireFox + Captivate = Diminished graphics

New Here ,
Aug 17, 2007 Aug 17, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was recently trying to capture materials through a browser in a Virtual Lab sandbox environment (Surgient).

In these cases IE 6 was locking things up and eventually causing Surgient environment to freeze and eventually Captivate to shut down, while IE 7 was working fine in this environment.

Also, Mozilla Firefox would capture fine except that the graphics that showed up were of significantly lower quality than normal.

Has anyone encountered this kind of issue?
TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 23, 2007 Aug 23, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Swataz and welcome to our community

Oddly enough, I saw reported on a list I subscribe to, that a company was having issues making Microsoft Internet Explorer behave with a certain application. After calling Microsoft directly and paying for the support contact, guess what they were advised by official Microsoft support personnel? Install Firefox!

As for the image quality, you can normally control that by increasing the quality for either the entire Captivate project (note that this will affect your end resulting file size, but that should be expected) or on a "per slide" basis by examining the slide properties.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources