• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Anybody have the same little lag bug with Wacom and photoshop cc from Yosemite installed two days ago ?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2014 Oct 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hy everybody,

I just installed Yosemite on my mac two days ago.

I have 27' iMac, with 32Go ram.. so actually no problem of lag.

I use a Wacom Intuos 4. Last driver installed yesterday.

But since the Yosemite upgrade, there is a little but horrible lag bug when I touch the wacom with my stylet.

Please help me !

Alex

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Feb 09, 2015 Feb 09, 2015

After installing Yosemite, and struggling with the lag for two weeks, I spent a week on every forum trying to figure out a solution, I then spoke with multiple customer service reps at adobe and wacom.  According to an adobe rep, the wacom drivers are not yet fully comparable with yosemite but they hope to be soon. I finally unistalled yosemite and re-installed mavericks, the november 2014 wacom cintiq driver, and photoshop CC 2014 and now my machine is as good as new.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you gone to the Wacom site to see if it's compatible with Yosemite??  I'm always leery of upgrading an OS right away when I rely on other softwares on a daily basis. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually it's compatible. Everything is ok, just this little problem but horrible problem.

I just wrote on the Wacom forum.

I'll keep in touch if I fixe it !

If anybody have the same problem or solution... please tell us.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Odd you'd have the problem if it's "compatible"!  Hope you find others with similar issues so you can find help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. I just installed Yosemite on my MacBook Pro and now my Intuos3 is lagging horribly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some users have reported that turning off FileVault solves the lag/slowness problem.

Others have indicated that using a mouse is fine, and the lag only occurs with trackpads and tablets.

Also, please be sure to let Apple know about these issues in MacOS 10.10, so they can get the information they need to fix the bugs introduced in MacOS 10.10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2014 Oct 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everybody,

Guys fixed the problem on wacom forum reinstalling this old version of Intuos driver :

DRIVER 6.38-2 RC FOR MAC OS X 10.9, MAC OS X 10.8 AND 10.7 (INTEL)

ftp://ftp.wacom-europe.com/pub/Mac/pro638-2.dmg

I'm installing... hope it will works !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 10, 2015 Jun 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This helped! Thanks a lot. Old drivers work now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2015 Oct 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to Alexfort. The download worked for my 2013 iMac on Yosemite and an old Intuos 3 tablet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2014 Oct 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem and the reinstall didn't work for me. If I use a brush the brush freezes and can't be resized until I click outside of the document. This doesn't happen with the mouse. I have tried both the new and the old update as well. No luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2015 Nov 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue! driving me nuts!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2014 Oct 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reinstall doesn't fixed my problem ! Grrr

Actually, I tried to use as quickly as my table the brush with my mouse... AND SAME PROBLEM !

So actually, the problem is not from the Tablet driver but from Photoshop CC !

So please ADOBE, Fixe it !! My iMac have 32Go, it's not normal to get so lag bug like that !!

And not normal when you pay so much for a software by month !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 23, 2014 Oct 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was no problem in previous versions of MacOS, and using the mouse works fine for most people -- all indications are that this is just a bug in MacOS 10.10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2016 May 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, this is happening on windows 10 with the same old wacom tablet I have always used, intuous 4, and latest drivers did not fix. This is maddening!!! FIX THIS ADOBE. I am streaming and cannot paint without this issue. Doesn't happen with the mouse. If the lag happens and I life my pen, part of the operations catch up but then I have to click using the mouse before the full lag catches up and I can paint again. Happens a lot with lasso and undo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, this wasn't an issue before I updated to the latest PS CC. Please help!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, Also, when using any slider they pop back after I release the pen. I have to move the slider a few times before it sets the new value. I cannot work like this. This does not happen in previous versions of photoshop either. This is a PS thing. Get er fixed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2014 Oct 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone had any more luck with this? Every time I use the click lasso tool in photoshop there is a lag. very frustrating!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2014 Oct 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I start having input lag on photoshop cc 2014 after update to yosemite. I tried to revert the driver, reinstall everything, change settings on my wacom and photoshop with no effect. The only thing that worked was resetting my photoshop preferences (hold cmd+option+shift while opening ps).

I have a intuos 4, but it might work for cintiq too. hope it helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2014 Nov 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resetting the options solved the problem for me as well, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 02, 2015 Mar 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haven't yet made it to the end of this thread, but I will contribute this: Everyday, whenever I restart PS2014, I have to go into the Library and delete those Photoshop preferences.  This takes care of the lag for a while, but eventually, after a couple hours drawing, it slows down again and I must quit PS and do it again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 02, 2015 Mar 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I've made it all the way through. 

Will go and try a number of the recommendations on here- thanks in advance!

One thing I can say is that Wacom is convinced it's an Adobe/Apple problem, Apple is sure it's an Adobe/Wacom problem, and Adobe... well, you know the rest.

Looking forward to getting this solved!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2015 May 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@FelipeJornada thanks, that worked for me (resetting my photoshop preferences (hold cmd+option+shift while opening ps).

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2015 Oct 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

reset start PS worked for me thanks a lot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2016 Jun 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

after weeks of trying the reset of ps cs6 worked to address the lag. using yosemite and latest wacom drivers and now working a dream...

press [shift]+[option]+[command] and click the app

thanks heaps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines