• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way to stretch a background image rather than repeating it?

Explorer ,
Oct 16, 2014 Oct 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a one celled table with a background image.  It's really just a gradient strip (gradient going from top to bottom - ending in fade to white).  I want the image to continue all the way across the page.  If I set it to repeat via X, somehow you can see where the repeat begins... so I was wondering if there's a way to just stretch the image from left to right to force it to fit exactly to 98% of the window no matter how big the window is.

Thanks...

kb

(RH10 for Webhelp)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately there is no way to automatically stretch an image in HTML. An image is of a set size. You could manually stretch the image size in each table, but you'd be in danger of losing resolution. An alternative to stretching the image could be to make the background image to the size of your largest table, and change the colour gradient so that it fades to white before the size of your shallowist table. Hope this makes sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yep... totally makes sense... THANKS!

On Thu, Oct 16, 2014 at 9:40 AM, RoboColum(n) <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 22, 2014 Oct 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not entirely true. With CSS, you can stretch a background image to any dimension:

background-size: 10px 100%;

Also see: CSS3 background-size property

Kind regards,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 22, 2014 Oct 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks William! MOST HELPFUL!

On Wed, Oct 22, 2014 at 9:44 AM, Willam van Weelden <

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp