Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing WORD document with special regional characters in RoboHelp X5

New Here ,
Aug 24, 2007 Aug 24, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

i have a problem, when im importing a *.doc document. The document is written in slovene and it contains special regional characters. Here is the deal:
I was using RoboHelp 4.0 before and i had this same problem. What i did was, when i added a new topic (imported *.doc file) into existing project and the WebHelp was generated, in the web browser i clicked the last added topic and opened a source code, where i changed the charset from 1252 to 1250. That enabled the special characters to be viewed correctly. When i imported some additional topics and generated the WebHelp again, the program somehow "saved" the 1250 setting in the previous topics and the characters were correctly shown. I had to adjust 1250 only in the new topics, that were added before the last generate.

When i try to do the same in RoboHelp X5, this doesnt work. Program doesnt "remember" the 1250 setting and it always generates with 1252 character setting. Which is a problem, because there are a lot of topics and i would have to change the character setting for every topic/doc document i added.

What can i do ?

Thanks in advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Tiesto_ZT,

Welcome to the Forum.

I have no experience of using other languages in RH, but this problem was discussed in Thread.

Check it out and post back if it doesn't fit your needs.

Hope this helps (at least a bit),

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Follow the post Brian has found and make the change each time you generate. As Dirk has pointed out, RH will change the tag each time you open a topic.

An excellent search from our resident Mr Search - if it can be found, leave it to Brian. You should be working for Google!

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter,

I never re-invent the wheel.

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your replies. I found the solution:
when i import a document into an existing project, the program creates *.htm file in the project directory. When i generate WebHelp, the result is generated from these *.htm files (that represent *.doc imported files) and is placed in the selected destination directory. So i just viewed the source code of these *.htm files in the project directory and in these files i changed the charset setting from 1252 to 1250. Thats it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Well done. glad you found the solution, and thanks for the feedback.

No doubt if needed, I will find this if I need to Search again.

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp