Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Publishing to Google (Cloud)

Contributor ,
Oct 15, 2014 Oct 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

My department have moved over to Google Enterprise which allows for the development of simple websites and the use of Google Drive. Does anyone know of a way to publish to Google that keeps all of the files related to each other?

Thanks,

Greig

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 16, 2014 Oct 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you wanting to publish to Google Drive or run your projects from Google Drive?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 16, 2014 Oct 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wanted to put this out there to gather ideas and experience. I am happy to publish and share via Google Drive but would rather put the files directly onto a Google site. The only way I can see to make it work on Google Drive is to Publish the folder by making it public (see Publish Website Content - Google Drive Web APIs — Google Developers). My files are for internal use only so cannot be made public. I can't see any way of making it work via Google Sites or Google Drive if I am trying to keep the files for a selected audience only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 17, 2014 Oct 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a Dropbox user rather than Google and there I can give access to specific individuals if I want to. Can you not do that with Google Drive?

I am taking it when you say "files" you are only meaning the published output rather than the Rh source files.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 22, 2014 Oct 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are using Google apps for business, you can also share a folder with only people within your organisation. That may be what you're looking for.

Kind regards,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion William.

Unfortunately Google Drive doesn't work like that. The file is not published so if I shared with you and gave you the URL of the launch file for the RoboHelp compilation, .E.G., "index.html" you will see the actual file HTML rather than a web page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 23, 2014 Oct 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I share a file/folder and I click 'Advanced', I can choose between:

Link sharing.png

The 'Specific people' option requires people to log in (using Google account) and only they can view. Even if I give the link to someone else.

Kind regards,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter.

Yes, you are correct. By "files" I mean the published output not the source files. Source files could easily be shared through Google Drive. I am trying to gather publishing ideas here.

Greig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 23, 2014 Oct 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So what you want is somewhere to host the published output rather than just making the files available. Making that happen with restricted access is something that would surely be best asked on a Google forum or direct to Google?

You can put your source files on Google Drive but you cannot have more than one person work on the project at a time and each time you switch PCs, you must allow time for the local copy to update.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp