• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 7 project into RoboHelp 11

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2014 Oct 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I import a project, which is created with RoboHelp 7 into RoboHelp 11?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 23, 2014 Oct 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't import as such. First create a backup and zip that to stop you opening it in error later.

Then open your project using Rh11.

To see what has changed see the RoboHelp Tour on my site. It describes what has been introduced or changed in each version. The most likely cause of problems for you will be lists. See Lists on my site to see how to deal with any problems you encounter there.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 12, 2014 Nov 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

You can also try to upgrade your RH 7 project to RH 11 step by step, mean to say first take backup of your RH 7 project and then upgrade it to RH 9 > Then into RH 10 > And in RH 11.

If you do not have the download links of RH 9 and RH 10 then you may Contact Customer Care .

Regards,

Ajit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 17, 2014 Nov 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ajit

Why would anyone want to do that? I am not aware of any benefit that upgrading version by version offers.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 24, 2014 Nov 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have pursued this with Adobe and ascertained that there are some rare scenarios where this stepped upgrade fixes a problem. It should only be necessary when upgrading from very old versions and generally I would say only do it if advised to by Adobe Support.

As always, before backing up create a zipped copy. Zipped copies cannot be opened by Rh, you have to unzip and then open. If you get something wrong, you unzip another copy. Nice safety net.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp