Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Heading topic not added to auto-generated TOC

Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2014 Oct 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using RoboHelp HTML 11.

I'm linking a Word document into my project, and having it create the Table of Contents automatically. I have it create new pages at Word's Heading 1 and Heading 2.

Typically, a section in Word will be like this:

Heading 1

Body

Heading 1.1

Body

Heading 1.2

Body

In the TOC, it will create a book labeled "Heading 1", and pages for Heading 1.1 and Heading 1.2. There's no page for Heading 1 or the body text that goes there.

I can manually add the Heading 1 page to the book, but I suspect that I don't need to. Is there some setting that I'm using wrong? Or a trick or workaround?

Thanks.

-- Shawn

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 23, 2014 Oct 23, 2014

If you click the Heading 1 book, does it go to the right place and show the body text?

Are separate topics being created for Heading 1, Heading 1.1. etc or is it all one topic with the TOC going to the required place?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 23, 2014 Oct 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you click the Heading 1 book, does it go to the right place and show the body text?

Are separate topics being created for Heading 1, Heading 1.1. etc or is it all one topic with the TOC going to the required place?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2014 Oct 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

1. Actually, yes it does, when I click it in the output WebHelp. I didn't realize it because I was clicking it in the TOC pod inside RoboHelp, and that merely expanded the entries within. I guess I wasn't really having the problem I thought I had.

2. They are separate topics.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp