• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgraded from CF10 to CF11 error: the related configuration data for the page is invalid.

Participant ,
Oct 23, 2014 Oct 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone having trouble with CF11 caching CF10 files when they upgraded?  Where do I change the settings to the ColdFusion 11 directory rather than ColdFusion 10?

HTTP Error 500.19 - Internal Server Error

The requested page cannot be accessed because the related configuration data for the page is invalid.

ModuleIIS Web Core
NotificationBeginRequest
HandlerNot yet determined
Error Code0x80070003
Config ErrorCannot read configuration file
Config File\\?\C:\ColdFusion10\cfusion\wwwroot\ipmcenters_org\web.config

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Oct 23, 2014 Oct 23, 2014

When you were on ColdFusion 10, were you serving content out of ColdFusion's web root (\ColdFusion10\cfusion\wwwroot\...)?  That appears to be the case based on the error above.  If you are using IIS, you should not be serving sites out of ColdFusion's web root.  If you have to, use IIS's web root (C:\inetpub\wwwroot), although a best practice is to put your web-accessible files on a completely different drive from your OS (and ColdFusion should be on it's own separate drive).  So here is what I

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you were on ColdFusion 10, were you serving content out of ColdFusion's web root (\ColdFusion10\cfusion\wwwroot\...)?  That appears to be the case based on the error above.  If you are using IIS, you should not be serving sites out of ColdFusion's web root.  If you have to, use IIS's web root (C:\inetpub\wwwroot), although a best practice is to put your web-accessible files on a completely different drive from your OS (and ColdFusion should be on it's own separate drive).  So here is what I do (based on the various ColdFusion lockdown guides:

C: - OS Files

D: - ColdFusion installation (D:\ColdFusion10\...)

E: - Web Sites (E:\WebSites\site1, E:\WebSites\site2, etc.)

The web.config is an IIS configuration file (and the HTTP 500.19 error is coming from IIS).  This indicates your IIS site configuration is probably at fault.  You might want to strip things down and rebuild the website per the CF11 lockdown guide, and rebuild the site in IIS accordingly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not even clear how the content was being served out of CF's web root.  I thought it was setup as IIS.  An Adobe developer removed CF10 and installed CF11 on my machine.  I'm having to fix the mess so that I can continue working.  Sigh.

Thank you for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It probably evolved over time.  My guess is that development was started using ColdFusion's built-in server, then later the site was connected to IIS without moving the files to a different location.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 24, 2018 Jun 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So I bashed my head against the wall for a while on this.  Happening in both CF 2016 and 2018.

Then (in windows) it went to C;\wwwroot\inetpub\web.config and all the file handlers were referencing the C: drive as the installation when it was actually the H: drive.  Changed it and we were back in business.

Perhaps the Windows installer for CF has the C: drive hardcoded in the the installer package:

<add name="cfmHandler" path="*.cfm" verb="*" modules="IsapiModule" scriptProcessor="H:\ColdFusion2016\config\wsconfig\1\isapi_redirect.dll" resourceType="Either" requireAccess="Script" preCondition="bitness64" responseBufferLimit="0" />

<add name="cfmlHandler" path="*.cfml" verb="*" modules="IsapiModule" scriptProcessor="H:\ColdFusion2016\config\wsconfig\1\isapi_redirect.dll" resourceType="Either" requireAccess="Script" preCondition="bitness64" responseBufferLimit="0" />

<add name="cfcHandler" path="*.cfc" verb="*" modules="IsapiModule" scriptProcessor="H:\ColdFusion2016\config\wsconfig\1\isapi_redirect.dll" resourceType="Either" requireAccess="Script" preCondition="bitness64" responseBufferLimit="0" />

<add name="cfrHandler" path="*.cfr" verb="*" modules="IsapiModule" scriptProcessor="H:\ColdFusion2016\config\wsconfig\1\isapi_redirect.dll" resourceType="Either" requireAccess="Script" preCondition="bitness64" responseBufferLimit="0" />

<add name="cfswfHandler" path="*.cfswf" verb="*" modules="IsapiModule" scriptProcessor="H:\ColdFusion2016\config\wsconfig\1\isapi_redirect.dll" resourceType="Either" requireAccess="Script" preCondition="bitness64" responseBufferLimit="0" />

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation