Expand my Community achievements bar.

ES4 RenderPdfForm not Importing Data

Level 1

We have a custom Workbench ES2 application that has been installed on our new ES4 instance. The application receives xml data that conforms to a form's schema. In the application the "RenderPdfForm" widget uses the xml data as input to populate the form. This works as expected in our ES2 instance. However, the same application running in our ES4 instance does not import the data and a blank form is returned. Is there anything special about the ES4  "RenderPdfForm" widget that we need to know? - Thank you.

5 Replies

Level 1

Thank you WASIL for your reply. With a bit more testing we have found that the ES4 RenderPdfForm widget will not import the xml data if the target form is reader extended. If we remove the reader extensions just prior to importing the xml, the form is rendered with the data. This was not the case in ES2. Can you confirm that this behavior in ES4 is to be expected? Thank you. -Tom

Level 2

I cant seem to find the install for FormsIVS, can you point me in the right direction?

Level 1

We used the turnkey install option. I found it via "http://localhost:8080/FormsIVS/"

Level 1

In our ES4 environment I used the FormsIVS test tool to import some xml data into a reader extended form and the data does not appear in the form.