• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

flash player locks up during install, will not install

Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2014 Oct 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to download the update version of Flash player for windows 7 64 bit and it downloads but locks up in the installing box. I have uninstalled previous version no success. flash.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2014 Oct 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is exactly what is happening to me as well. I have taken Norton 360 completely out with the help of their staff and also firewalls etc. No luck. I wish they would apply a fix for this. I also took the old flash out as I thought it was doing something.... Help...Please

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2014 Oct 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.... Thanks Pat... I figured it out after reviewing numerous posts throughout the day to fix this problem. I understand adobe has gone recently to the inline versions and I started having this problem as soon as they started. I contacted Norton security as I have them, and they came in and did some different things to see if it was their software. They also uninstalled their software just to see.
Last night it came to me. I believe Pat had posted this to others. I didn't try it because he put a non-manufacture web site and I try to stay with the people who make the software because of malware. So I found a offline web site and did it and it worked. Very frustrating and a day of going through it all. Glad I am out the other end at this point.... I also had a lot of previous adobe flash install inline programs when I went in looking for anything that would disrupt this process. Did a clean up with windows. I have windows 7 with a HP Pavilion Notebook PC. I run Firefox most of the time and also have internet explorer. Hope this is helpful. Thanks Many Blessings to All.
Aho Mitakuye Oyasin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2014 Oct 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what offline site did you use? I am not sure the difference between Inline programs. I am using Windows 7 with Firefox also. I tried to install form my download folder with IE and Firefox shut off in background using task manager still black box of nothing. If I close it out it says it cannot contact the server and my internet is not work but I can instantly open any webpage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Carolina
I downloaded the macromedia file that Paul has provided in this link. I want to say that I updated adobe air, and shock first. They took and I decided to try it. Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are differences between the inline and offline updates. That is what I saw and realized and expressed in my first post. Important to do that. I was on a mouse wheel for most of the day until I realized this. I also cleared the previous history.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Darn Carolina.... I meant Pat not Paul. lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem and tried to use the offline link that did not work either. I get the same message, first it says I must close my browser which is already closed, then it tells me that another application is using it and nothing is open. retry for several days now, nothing works. Is there no customer support that actually helps anyone out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the installer tells you that you need to close your browser, then it is running.  Perhaps as a background process, and you need to close that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2014 Oct 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This worked. Thanks all!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines