• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I change the look of my 404 error page.

Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2014 Oct 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. So as I've closed one of my old sites down I've redirected them straight to my new page. The issue is when they click a broken link that connected to my old site they get sent to an ugly error page that implies to them that they've entered the address wrongly.

How  would /i go about altering that page so I can atleast display a message that they've been redirected?

TOPICS
Newbie Corner

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Oct 23, 2014 Oct 23, 2014

Hi,

To edit the 404 page - go into Site Manager, then click on the System Pages - there is a 404 editor there.

You can add 301 redirects for those URLs - there isnt a need to indicate that you have been redirected and this is the best Search engine friendly way to do this.

Business Catalyst Help | Create page redirects

Hope that is helpful.

Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Oct 23, 2014 Oct 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

To edit the 404 page - go into Site Manager, then click on the System Pages - there is a 404 editor there.

You can add 301 redirects for those URLs - there isnt a need to indicate that you have been redirected and this is the best Search engine friendly way to do this.

Business Catalyst Help | Create page redirects

Hope that is helpful.

Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2014 Oct 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. That's most helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines