Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to show entire TOC when clicking a CSH link

Aug 03, 2007 Aug 03, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am maintaining 2 separate help projects for 2 separate applications. Both use map files and ids to open csh topics. There is a main help link in the header of the application that is supposed to open the entire help file, including the table of contents, with the focus on the first page of the help.

In the one application, I have the link in the header going to the map id for the first page of the help, and the entire help file opens, including the TOC. In the other application, I have the link in the header going to the map id for the second page of the help (the other help project), and instead of the entire help opening, I just get the csh page I linked to without the TOC. I need the header link to open the entire help. Any suggestions? I know that one project is looking for the first page of the help and the other project is looking for the second page, but does that really make a difference? I remember having this project link to the first page before, and the entire help didn't open then either. I don't know why it would function differently for the different apps/projects, as they are set up identically.

I hope this makes sense.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 08, 2007 Aug 08, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have had this exact same issue, the TOC sometimes not opening when WebHelp is launched from a CSH link. The behavior is inconsistent, as you've indicated.

I've searched and found no solutions, and Adobe appears to not recognize it as an issue.

Frankly, this and a number of other issues we're having are leading me to lean towards dropping RH altogether. It is simply too buggy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 08, 2007 Aug 08, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hello Paul -

Can you post the string you use (in the CSH) to launch:
1) WebHelp topic that is "correct"
2) WebHelp topic that is missing the TOC

Regards,
GEWB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp