• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Older content debuggers file association problem...

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2014 Oct 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I require to use the flash player content debugger stand alone to debug an application and examine traces....

The PC I am using (Windows 7 - 64 bit) came bundled with Flash Player 15, but not the content debugger.....

when examining the content debugger download page, I chose to download an older version of flash player content debugger,

but have found you now no longer provide them with installers but just stand alone exe's such as below....

http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/updaters/13/flashplayer_13_sa_debug.exe

This meant that when I wanted to try and run a swf, the file type was permanently associated with

this debugger which I downloaded (the old one), I have since installed the latest versions of flash player content debuggers at version 15.

But my swf files are still associated to automatically open with the older version....

Can you please provide me with how to fix this or where the stand alone v15 flash player content debugger would be installed

on a windows 7 - 64 bit OS?

Also why do you guys now not provide installers for your older players, seems silly to me?

Thanks very much for your time...

All the best

Rhys Thomas

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 24, 2014 Oct 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The standalone player never came with an installer; the download was always the player.

Which of course means that you must make/maintain the .swf file association manually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I was confused because it seems adobe forgot to update the version number of the latest player.

If I try to select a version 15 standalone from the list I can't, there was a version 14 but then it opens 15 when I run.

This was a adobe mess up??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If I download the standalone player from https://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html it says version 15, and I get version 15.0.0.189.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines