Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can not download Flash

Oct 25, 2014 Oct 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to install Adobe Flash 15 all I get is a blank black box. I have done all the recommended enabling but still nothing just black. Please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is not downloading it, it is installing it. It simply will not install. Anyone have any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 27, 2014 Oct 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The system information in the thread Pat referenced above would be very helpful in understanding what's happening.

My guess is that you're running an old version of Safari.  Apple and Adobe want everyone to pick up an important security update, so Safari blocklisted old Flash Player versions.  This is why you're seeing the blocked plug-in message.

It sounds like you're completing the installation successfully, but Safari doesn't know that the latest version is installed.  I'm *not* seeing this on any current versions of MacOS or Safari, and I'm trying to figure out which versions are affected.  If you could let us know, that would be great.  If you don't know how to get that information, we'd be happy to guide you through it.

Once you get the version information, please run System Update on your mac (the Apple in the upper left of the screen > System Update) to see if maybe there's a new Safari version waiting for you.  If so, please download and install the available update and let us know if this resolves the blocked plug-in issue for you.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines