• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Disable the Adobe Flash Player and Reader Updates

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2014 Oct 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, For the last two months or so, I have been plagued by the Adobe Flash Player and Reader updater that will not go away. That's not the worst thing though: Somehow, someway, the Adobe updater subverts my entire windows 7 machine and makes itself the most important program on my system, stopping all other necessary functions. After I just turn it on, the updater will suspend all Windows operations in favor of the updater getting its message out the Adobe "needs" updating. I have tried updating the stupid thing, only to find that after the update goes in, my whole computer locks up and I have to load a system restore point. This thing acts like a virus, and until someone comes up with a way to make it work properly, that's what I'm calling: Adobe creates and sells a computer killing virus. I want a sure fire way to disable the updater that will work, and that will never bug me again about updating the virus. After going through three different computer repair companies, many online forums and chat rooms and my own knowledge of how to disable programs, I have instructed my firewall to block all attempts by Adobe to update. This has to stop.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 27, 2014 Oct 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Player:

fpsm_u.png

Adobe Reader:

ar_updater.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Done this several times. Still no luck in shutting the virus-like program off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If that does not stop the "updates", then you may have real malware on your system, pretending to be Adobe updater.

Can you post a screenshot of what you see when this updater becomes active?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'd recommend uninstalling Flash Player:

Uninstall Flash Player | Windows

If you're flexible about what browser you use, Google Chrome comes with a built-in Flash Player, so there's no separate Flash updater and nothing else to download.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines