Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

it wont install as it says i have safari open but i don't have safari open

Aug 29, 2014 Aug 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

flash player wont instal as it says that i need to close safari but i dont have safari open in the first place. help!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Oct 27, 2014 Oct 27, 2014

click the apple icon in the top left of your mac. click 'force quit'. click on the programmes you need to quit in the box that appears and click 'force quit'. now install abode flash player.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2014 Aug 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently the installer mistakenly reports that Safari is running when certain other applications that use the same WebKit framework, like Dashboard, for example, are running. There are several ways to get around this:

1. Restart your Mac and relaunch the Flash Player installer before you start any other apps.
  2. Launch Activity Monitor and check to see if Dashboard is running. (It may be running under more than one process.) Select the Dashboard process and click the "x" button in the upper left corner of the window. Click "Quit" in the dialog. If this doesn't work (it takes a few seconds) try again and choose "Force Quit." You have to repeat this for each Dashboard process.
  3. Download and install the ClickToFlash browser extension. This extension allows you to avoid using Flash under most circumstances. It prevents Flash from loading automatically and, if possible, allows content to be loaded and displayed as HTML5 video. If you don't use Flash, you won't need to update it. It's an awful resource hog and security risk anyway.

Adobe could make this process a lot easier if they would make the installer a little more intelligent about reporting process names and providing a more convenient way to quit them if necessary. Apparently they don't think it's worth the trouble, so I guess you have to ask yourself if Flash is worth the trouble.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 27, 2014 Oct 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

click the apple icon in the top left of your mac. click 'force quit'. click on the programmes you need to quit in the box that appears and click 'force quit'. now install abode flash player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines