Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe CC and .flv export

New Here ,
Oct 27, 2014 Oct 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Yesterday, i tried to export some videos in .FLV format. It was a big surprise to see that those codecs don't exist anymore.

Looking for some answers, i find this:

After Effects CC 2014 (13.0), Premiere Pro CC 2014 (8.0), and Adobe Media Encoder CC 2014 (8.0) do not include exporters for creating FLV and F4V files.

You can still import videos in FLV and F4V formats into After Effects and Adobe Media Encoder. You can still import videos in the F4V format into Premiere Pro.

If you want to create a video to play in Flash Player, then you should generally be using H.264 (.mp4), not the obsolete FLV or F4V formats. This has been the recommendation from the Adobe Flash team for quite some time already (as far back as Flash Player 9).

We removed the exporters for FLV and F4V files from the Adobe video applications (Adobe Media Encoder, After Effects, and Premiere Pro) because maintaining these obsolete exporters was a large amount of work, and we could better spend that effort on developing new features and fixing bugs in areas that are used by more people.

We are still committed to creating video files that play well in Flash Player, and that is why we are focusing our efforts on the H.264 (.mp4) exporter, which is what is currently recommended by the Adobe Flash team.

If you do still have a need to create FLV or F4V files for some legacy workflows, then we recommend that you keep the previous versions—Adobe Media Encoder CC (7.2) and After Effects CC (12.2.1)–installed alongside the current versions. Then, whenever you need to transcode or export a file in one of these legacy formats, you can just start the previous version of the application for this specific purpose.

I can see issues with this two solutions:

- H.264 is heavier than .FLV and i'am not sur but i don't think you can export with RGB Alpha with this settings.

- Working with old program versions is a cheap solutions: you are not supported by Adobe if you don't have the last update. 😕

Anyway, as annouced, Adobe don't want to use this codec anymore. The good way is to find an other workflow to replace the FLV codec.

Have you already met this problem? What was your solutions?

Best regards,

Nicolas.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can easily embed an h.264 MP4 in flash and with proper authoring have a Mobile compatible product. There is really no loss here, only a gain in quality and functionality. If you want to change a h.264 mp4 to an FLV just change the extension.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Rick,

Thanks for your replie!

"You can easily embed an h.264 MP4 in flash and with proper authoring have a Mobile compatible product. There is really no loss here, only a gain in quality and functionality.

Maybe, but a video in h.264 still heavier than a flv video, isn't it? And forget about using transparency.

I'am not agains't evolution... i'm just looking for a new solution of a better workflow..

And now, h264 doesn't match the functionalities we need 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cidvain wrote:

- Working with old program versions is a cheap solutions: you are not supported by Adobe if you don't have the last update. 😕

Use the new versions of software to create your video as much as you want. Render an intermediate file and take that into the older version of media encoder. No problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Szalam,

thanks for your answer!

I found this: Adobe - Adobe Media Encoder : For Windows : Adobe Media Encoder CC 7.2 for Windows : Thank You

But it's mentionned as a "trial" version. Will it be automaticaly activated with my CC license?

Regards,

Nicolas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Install Premiere CC and Premiere CS6 from within your Creative Cloud software and you'll have the Adobe Media Encoder of those versions too.

I would suggest also installing the CC and CS6 version of After Effects in case you have a client who needs a project in that version.

I have CS5, CS6, CC, and CC 2014 installed on my home machine for just that reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's the moment i feel stupid

In my creative Cloud software, i can only download CC version.

No propositions for CS6 or CS 5.5 😕

Maybe i'am wrong, or missing something or stupid as mentioned before

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS6 is the earliest you can download from the Creative Cloud software (CS5 was something I owned before CS6 even came out).

The version you have is probably CC 2014 (internal version number 13).

You need to download CC and CS6 (internal versions 12 and 11, respectively). This page explains how: Creative Cloud Help | Install, update, or uninstall apps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2014 Oct 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey!

Thanks for the kb! Very usefull ! even if i notice that i can only install the 8.0 version of media encodeur 😕

I'am still very disappointed by Adobe's reaction. I can't remember telling my client that i wont do something because it takes me too long and giving no other solutions in return.

Anyway, wait & see

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2014 Oct 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this good info.  I'm working with Captivate 8 and it's telling me to put in FLV/F4V's.  I go to export out of CC '14 and there's no option anymore.  Did not own any previous version of CC here at work, so I thought I was about to be out of luck. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2017 Jul 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What about the que markers which you can set on the timeline in Premiere Cc2017, how can I intehrate those in a H264 file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines