• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot install update on Mac

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2014 Oct 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Received message that Flash Player was out of date. Followed all install and troubleshooting instructions for Mac. Downloads successful, double click to install; program initializes and then I get "Installation encountered errors.  Close this window and try downloading again." Repeated with same result more than once.

Running Mac OS 10.9.5, Safari 7.1, and trying to install Flash Player 13.

I have followed all troubleshooting suggestions on the website so have now uninstalled Flash Player. I have enabled Java and plug-ins.

What can I do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've always had adobe flash player capability & now it says it's out of date on my mac.  How do I get it back?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have always downloaded Flash Player updates without a problem on my MacBook Pro.   Now it seems I cannot finish the installation process without buying PhotoShop for $10. a month.   There seems to be no way to contact the company and ask a question.    What do I do?   I have no use for Photo Shop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 27, 2014 Oct 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@mrsmrc88

You don't need to purchase anything to install Flash Player.  The offer you are seeing is on the completion page, which displays after Flash Player has been installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not so. It never said "installed", and I see "blocked plug-in" when I try to view videos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"blocked plugin" means you have an outdated Flash Player version; you need to update to the latest version 15.0.0.189.

Apple is blocking older FP versions because they are unsafe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe you missed my original question. I tried to download the latest update. When I did, step 3 was requiring me to buy PhotoShp, which I don't want, for ten dollars a month. I am going so crazy, I'm almost ready to but it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2014 Oct 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried it again, and I realized that I had not checked the little box that says I've read the terms. When I did that, it installed properly! I feel like an idiot. I thought I had done that before. Thank you for trying to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 28, 2014 Oct 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad you were able to resolve the issue and install Flash Player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

moreofabadidea wrote:

Running Mac OS 10.9.5, Safari 7.1, and trying to install Flash Player 13.

Why do you want to install an old Flash Player version?  You should install the latest version 15; try using this offline installer http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/current/support/install_flash_player_osx.dmg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2014 Oct 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Only 13 was downloading from the Adobe site. Everything worked perfectly this time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine will not update either.  My mac will not recognize .dmg files.  Help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nannykins,

Please start a new thread and include the information listed here, Read Before Posting: How To Get A Useful Answer To Your Question (please do include screenshots of the behvaiour you are seeing.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did.  No one has replied.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nannykins,

These forums are mainly used by everyday users such as yourself, and as such,  you really shouldn't expect an answer within 20 minutes, and then post the same question on different threads.  Having the same question on multiple threads is really, really confusing as it splits up the thread since people will respond in different locations.  Please post only in one location.  In this case, in your original post.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would really like to speak to someone on the phone to help me with this. Coming to this forum was not my first choice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines