• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player login not recognized

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2014 Oct 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

login name and password not recognized for download of update and I don't have original email access

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 27, 2014 Oct 27, 2014

The password you are being asked for is YOUR COMPUTER password, as it is the OS that is prompting for the password.  It is not your Apple ID password.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Oct 27, 2014 Oct 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't need to login to download Flash Player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I attempt to download, a box pops up that shows a user/account name and says "type your password to allow Install Adobe Flash Player to make changes"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue, would really like to know how to install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What OS, including version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It varies, depending on your machine. For example, my OS version is 10.6.8, for a Mac Mini purchased in 2010.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a MacBook Pro with Software OS X 10.9.5 (13F34), password for my Mac still does not allow to get pass the password box

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac OSX version 10.7.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problems all weekend on my Mac "a box pops up that shows a user/account name and says "type your password to allow Install Adobe Flash Player to make changes" the password is not accepted so frustrated opened up a new account with a new email address...went thought the entire process & inserted my new password did not accept...same problem. Now I have two accounts with Adobe, same problems & now I fear that I increased the problems Help Please

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The password you are being asked for is YOUR computer pasword, as it is the OS that is prompting for the password.  It is not your Adobe ID password.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked. Thank you, so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted my Apple Id it still could not get pass the password

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

!. Double Click Adobe Flash Player Installer

2. Install Adobe Flash Player - Opened it

3. Pop Up Window came up requesting Password.. [redacted - don't post your passwords online!]

4 Help Please

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The password you are being asked for is YOUR COMPUTER password, as it is the OS that is prompting for the password.  It is not your Apple ID password.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 29, 2014 Oct 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everybody who posted in this topic, please read this: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1619850

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was finally successful in downloading and installing the Flash Player update, using the Mac installation disc and resetting my administrator password.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One add'l comment, you will lose your Keychain accounts (found in Keychain Access in Utilities) and need to reinstall them, especially for your emails, which for me is ATT Uverse. So, you will need new inbound and outbound passwords for all wireless accounts.

I finally resorted to using Apple for online support, and they were very helpful, but if you don't have any free service left on your protection plan or warranty, it will cost you $20.

Begin forwarded message:

Date: October 29, 2014 5:21:58 AM CDT

To: jive-1747026194-21rd7-2-43fi0@adobe-v7.hosted.jivesoftware.com

Subject: Re: Flash Player login not recognized

I was finally successful in downloading and installing the Flash Player update, using the Mac installation disc and resetting my administrator password.

>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2014 Dec 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How do I change my computer password as the password I'm using is not working - Nancy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines