• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Won't accept my name and/or password

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2014 Oct 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe won't provide support for this free program, but I can't get in to install an update and without the update, flash player doesn't play. I can get into Adobe.com with my name & password, but NOT INTO FLASH PLAYER. Please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am having exact same problem!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had the same issue.  I have tried it multiple times.  I tried reseting my password and nothing is working.  And like you said, they will not provide "support" b/c it is a free product.  I'm super annoyed.  It is BS!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know why Flash won't accept name or password? Would Adobe Customer Support have any direction to give?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ditto here, super annoying!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 27, 2014 Oct 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don Jo wrote:

I can get into Adobe.com with my name & password, but NOT INTO FLASH PLAYER.

I don't understand what you mean by "into Flash Player".  You don't need any password to use Flash Player.  You will need however to provide your computer's administrator password to install Flash Player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i also have the same problem..i can get into adobe but when i try to download new flash player it requires a password that is not adobe or my apple id password

what is link when i can receive support for flash player?

and why for safe plugin was blocked on my mac?

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I have written just one hour ago, you don't need an Adobe or Apple ID; you need your system's administrator password.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help; however I have no idea of what my system administrator's password is and I doubt if most people do, either. What I did is switch from Safari to Chrome and it works. I think Safari is too old a system for the Flash Player. Adobe dropped the ball with this; no mention of system admin or the fact that this notification would shut down Flash Player for anything you want to watch. Thanks,again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The password prompt you see during installation is supplied by your operating system to protect you from unintentionally installing software.   Any time you download and install software outside the context of the App Store, you're going to get this. 

If this is your personal machine and you don't normally need a username or password when you start the computer up, then you can probably just leave the password blank to acknowledge that prompt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 31, 2014 Oct 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where do I find my system administrator password??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 31, 2014 Oct 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This password prompt is presented by your operating system, and is intended to keep you from accidentally installing software.

If this is your personal machine and you don't need a password to log into the computer when it first starts up, you can probably leave the password blank and click OK to get past this prompt.  If this is your personal machine and your normal password isn't working, check to make sure that CAPS LOCK is off, and type the password carefully.

If this is your work machine and it's asking for an Administrator password, well, you'll need to have a conversation with your friendly IT person.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 02, 2014 Nov 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried leaving the password blank and still cannot get my computer updated

with Flash Player. It is my personal computer and I don't need a password

to open it. any other ideas???

On Fri, Oct 31, 2014 at 5:07 PM, Jeromie Clark <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 02, 2014 Nov 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 19, 2016 Jul 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Given that this question has been asked and answered accurately about a million times in this same thread, I'm going to lock it.

If you're experiencing this problem, please *carefully* read the advice in the post above.  In the very unlikely event that you're still stuck after that, and you've tried all the steps including resetting the system password, please open a new thread and provide as much detail as possible about your system configuration and what you've done so far, and we'll do our best to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2014 Oct 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for all the replies. I used JustAnswer.com to resolve the issue. The password required is the one used to start the computer. Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines