Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can't download Flash Player

Oct 26, 2014 Oct 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff! I can't download the new flash player. I opened an Adobe account under robertlchasejr back around 2001 but don't remember the password. When i try to reset I don't get the email. I don't know what original email was. Opened new account using current email address, new password which Adobe home recognizes but when I try to download new flash it defaults back to robertlchasejr help me obewan!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 27, 2014 Oct 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this discussion to the Installing Flash Player forum.

Tadchase if you are facing difficulties reseting the password for you Adobe ID then please see Adobe ID, sign in, and account help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff! Thanks for the response. I tried that and then spent a couple of hours with "chat" support, who unfortunately were unable to fix the issue they gave up and punted me over to "forums".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tadchase are you referring to the inability to reset the password for your Adobe ID?  Flash Player installation is not related to an Adobe ID.  If you are being prompted to login then please utilize the credentials for an administrator account on your computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jeff. No. I opened a new account with Adobe and it works fine. The problem comes when I'm installing Flash, when I get to the ID and password prompt it defaults to an old account  (multiple account issue?)  I do not have the password and when I try to reset it responds to an email address which I no longer use.

Part of the problem is my incompetence - I'm 57 and I don't know what I'm doing. Tech is a language I don't speak - for example I don't know what "credentials for an administrator account" are. Sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tadchase that is your operating system requesting an administrator password. If you are unsure of the credentials to enter then I would recommend contacting the computer manufacturer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So it's an old Apple password? Well that explains things! I'll give it a shot and let you know.

Thanks Jeff!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem.  And chat support told me the same thing.  There are other similar forums where people are having the same problem.  I don't know what else to do!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ditto. Have been unable to download Flash Player because of the password issue. Adobe says they don't require a password; I say they do. Then when they said I had set a new password it has never worked. Are these people in business or what? So I guess we twist in the wind.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi LB! Did you see Jeff's response to me? Here it is

"Tadchase that is your operating system requesting an administrator

password. If you are unsure of the credentials to enter then I would

recommend contacting the computer manufacturer."

If I understand what Jeff's saying, when you do the Flash install that's

not Adobe asking for your Adobe password but your OS, in my case Apple Mac

asking me for my Apple password

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem solved.  It should ask for your Apple Keychain.  I had been trying to use my Adobe and Apple ID passwords.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Congrats. I spent hours on Adobe Chat but they couldn't fix it - how is it

possible that they don't know what's going on?

On Mon, Oct 27, 2014 at 6:14 PM, I can't download Flash Pl <

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The password prompt is supplied by your operating system, and is intended to protect you from accidentally installing software.

This is the username and password that you normally use to log into the computer when it starts up.  If this is your personal machine and you don't normally need to log in when starting the computer, you can probably just leave the password field blank and acknowledge the prompt.

If this is a work machine and the username you normally use to log into the machine isn't working, then you probably need to have a conversation with your system administrator.  There are ways for your organization to manage and distribute Flash Player to your computers, and we'd be happy to provide guidance to help make the lives of your IT staff easier.

All that said, we usually get a bump in confusion around each release, but this seems unique.  I'm wondering if something changed.  Did all of you update to Yosemite recently?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines