• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you fix Flash Player update for Safari V 5.1.10?

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2014 Oct 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Flash Player was working just fine until I downloaded the latest update. I went through this in April when I had to uninstall the Flash Player and reinstall an older version. I tried doing this this time, but didn't have any luck. It's still not working. I have Mac OS 10.6.8.

Thank you,

Nancy Goren, Tempe, AZ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 26, 2014 Oct 26, 2014

You posted in the Acrobat.com Developers forum.  Don't you think the Flash Player forum would be more appropriate?  Also, "not working" means absolutely nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Oct 26, 2014 Oct 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You posted in the Acrobat.com Developers forum.  Don't you think the Flash Player forum would be more appropriate?  Also, "not working" means absolutely nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2014 Oct 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response, Pat. I have do idea how this forum is supposed to work. I'm just trying to find an answer to my problem with the Flash Player. "Not working" means that when I try to watch a video I get a black screen that says "Blocked Plugin-in." Flash Player was working just fine until I downloaded the latest update.

I'd appreciate if you could direct me to the correct forum where I can get an answer.

Thank you,

Nancy Goren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"blocked plugin" means that you are using an outdated Flash Player version; you need to update it to the latest version 15.0.0.189.

[topic moved to Flash Player forum]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Safari team (in consultation with Adobe) recently blocklisted some older versions of Flash Player to ensure that all users have an important recent security fix.

I've seen a couple posts from people on older versions of MacOS that seem to be experiencing similar issues, and I'm guessing that the blocklisting code on older Safari versions may not be working as expected.  We're investigating this possibility now.  I've had no problems with MacOS 10.9.5 and 10.10, and this wave of questions from today doesn't correspond with a Flash Player release.

If you have the latest Flash Player, have rebooted and are still seeing the blocked plug-in message, you might want to use Google Chrome or Firefox as a temporary workaround, or consider taking one of the recent, free updates to MacOS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2014 Oct 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you get MacOS 10.9.5 or 10.10? Apple says that my software is up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 28, 2014 Oct 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can download MacOS 10.10 (Yosemite) from the AppStore.  (Look under Applications > AppStore).  The Yosemite download has taken up the top half of the opening screen for the last few days, so unless something has changed, it will be hard to miss.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2014 Oct 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeromie,

My computer seems to be too old to install Yosemite. HELP!!!

Any assistance would be appreciated,

Nancy Goren

Tempe, AZ

480-829-3761

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue doesn't affect all Mac 10.6/Safari 5 users, but I haven't figured out what the common denominator is.

You could try doing a complete uninstall/reinstall of Flash to see if that might fix it:

Uninstall Flash Player | Mac OS

Then just re-run the installer:

http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/current/support/install_flash_player_osx.dmg

If that doesn't work and you can't upgrade, the only workaround that I'm currently aware of is to use a different browser, like Google Chrome or Firefox.  Hopefully the fresh install solves it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeromie,

IT WORKS! Thanks. I tried doing this from other instructions I found, but those didn't work. This one does. What should I do when Adobe wants me to update again? Just ignore the updates?

Nancy Goren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's great news, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines