• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player stops installing

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2014 Oct 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash player stops at the last window, and dosen't do anything. If I go in the browser it says that flash player wasn't installed correctly...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 25, 2014 Oct 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2014 Oct 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of the offline links you posted are working. 404 not found. Looking for solution as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For what it's worth, I just confirmed that all of these links are working and valid from my home connection.  I'm not sure why you're getting a 404, but I'm thinking it was a temporary problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link for mac says it's going to http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/current/support/install_flash_player_osx.dmg but then I get this message: 404 Not Found The requested URL /pub/flashplayer/current/support/install_flash_player_osx.dmg was not found on this server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, I just clicked that link and it downloaded for me. Where are you

geographically?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm wondering if this is a hint as to why it times out at 30% for a lost connection when I try to install.

I am in Northern California.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Lost connection" during the install means you are not using the offline installer.

But I don't know why you are getting a 404 from my link; can you try with a different browser?

Also, here is a different download location: http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/current/support/install_flash_player_osx.dmg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you open terminal and type the following, what do you get?
nslookup fpdownload.macromedia.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The different location to dl worked! Thank you Pat! I did try the links with Firefox and with Google Chrome and had the same result of the 404 error but when I checked the links on my iPhone it did show a link to download from. There's something fishy with my Mac. This same link appears in several places including the Adobe troubleshooting page and yet I still get a 404 on all of them.

Jeromie the terminal says this....

Server: 208.67.220.220

Address: 208.67.220.220#53

Non-authoritative answer:

fpdownload.macromedia.com canonical name = fpdownload.wip4.adobe.com.

fpdownload.wip4.adobe.com canonical name = fpdownload.macromedia.com.edgekey.net.

fpdownload.macromedia.com.edgekey.net canonical name = e526.d.akamaiedge.net.

Name: e526.d.akamaiedge.net

Address: 23.210.246.249

If you can give me feedback or point me to what this means, I would be so grateful. I probably need to post this problem on another forum somewhere.

Jacquie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, that's what I was trying to figure out with the nslookup (it just resolves the name to the appropriate address).

We're hitting different addresses when we look this name up.  That's by design and how load is distributed through the Akamai content delivery network.  (A CDN is a network of thousands of geographically dispersed servers.  It's basically how we can push an update to 1.2 billion people at the same time.  You're routed to the closest one to you in terms of network topography.)

When I look it up, I get routed to a different address:

Name: e526.d.akamaiedge.net

Address: 23.36.57.221

You're still hitting a network in Akamai's address space, so it's not like your traffic has been hijacked by malware or something.  My guess is that something is the individual node that you're hitting is busted.  The sync didn't push the files to it, or the storage went bad or something.  It's all sort of magic at that level -- we don't have or need the visibility into what each of the n-thousand machines is doing at any given time.  We can force the CDN to push the files back out to all the individual nodes.  I'll do that tomorrow when the right people are in the office.  If that's what the deal is, it should resolve sometime tomorrow afternoon.  If you're still seeing 404s tomorrow evening, please let me know so that I can open a support case with Akamai.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually Jnauman had a problem with download.macromedia.com, not fpdownload.macromedia.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah you're right, good catch.  I'm pretty sure it's going to be the same thing, but it would be good to check.

What I was concerned about was that he had some malware that was hijacking the DNS.  He's landing in Akamai's network on the last request, so it's not like he's hitting some machine in the Balkans or something.  So that put my mind at ease.  I just did a reverse ARIN whois to figure out who owned the IP block.

Anyway Jnauman, if you want to do the same thing -- nslookup download.macromedia.com and post the results, it would be good to make sure, but it's not the first or last time that we'll see a stuck Akamai node.  By the time you get thousands of machines involved, your chances are pretty good at seeing every possible kind of intermittent failure.  When we flush the cache in the morning it will force everything to update again, so it should resolve it regardless.

FWIW, I'm seeing:

download.macromedia.com canonical name = download.macromedia.com.edgekey.net.

download.macromedia.com.edgekey.net canonical name = e891.p.akamaiedge.net.

Name: e891.p.akamaiedge.net

Address: 23.36.51.191

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, offline installer worked.

Here's what I get with the other download

nslookup download.macromedia.com

Server: 208.67.220.220

Address: 208.67.220.220#53

Non-authoritative answer:

download.macromedia.com canonical name = download.macromedia.com.edgekey.net.

download.macromedia.com.edgekey.net canonical name = e891.p.akamaiedge.net.

Name: e891.p.akamaiedge.net

Address: 23.203.210.68

Thanks for your help!

Jacqueline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The offline installer worked. It has been days since Flash was working. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines