• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp 7 Webhelp output does not run on Chrome.I have already tried the available code snippet solution by inserting it in the whevr.js file. This is the only solution available on internet for this problem. Please suggest if some other solution exists.

Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2014 Oct 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Robohelp 7 Webhelp output does not run on Chrome.I have already tried the available code snippet solution by inserting it in the whevr.js file. This is the only solution available on internet for this problem. Please suggest if some other solution exists.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 28, 2014 Oct 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When the help is viewed locally or also when you place it on a webserver?

There's no way RH7 WebHelp will work when you view it locally with Chrome. If you want that, you will have to upgrade RH.

If it's on a web server, what exactly is not working? I'm not sure whether this can be solved though. RH7 is old and browsers have changed. The fastest way to get it to work is to upgrade to a later version of RoboHelp.

Kind regards,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks William for the answer.

We are viewing the WebHelp locally and when we open it in Google Chrome, it's content is not displayed. Neither ToC nor the topics.

I also think that there is no other solution then upgrading it to RH10. . Just wanted to have a last thought before upgrading it.

Best Regards,

Tamanna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rh11 is the current version.

On my site there is information about what has changed in each version since yours. Note in particular Lists changed. That is also covered.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I know about RH11. Since in our company, all other systems are upgraded with RH10, therefore, to make mine consistent with others, we will upgrade it to RH10.

If we apply that code solution in whevr.js file, RH10 output will then work on Chrome.

Thanks,

Tamanna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK but you will not be able to buy that from Adobe. You will be reliant on software vendors still having boxed sets in stock.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter. Will see what best can be done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2014 Oct 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Tammana,

Just a quick question, which whevr.js file did you change? Was it the one in the program files directory? This is the one used as the template for your output and will overwrite any changes you make to your "working" copy.

Caroline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp