• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text from Design view is not visible on View

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2014 Oct 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I converted a project from RoboHelp 9 to 11, and discovered that several of my topics were changed.  Most of the changes were minor, e.g. spacing, bold type, bullets, etc., but I'm still having to go through each page, to make corrections.  Oftentimes, the "problems" don't show up until I View the topic, but up to this point I've been able to fix them.  However, one topic looks fine in Design view, but when I open it in View, almost all of the text is gone.  I've tried retyping portions, to see if it reappeared, but not all of it does.  Do you have any idea what is happening and how I fix it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Try selecting some of that text. Preferably at the beginning of the text that disappears. Then click the HTML button to look at the code.

Screen capture that and share it here using the Camera icon.

tmp1.png

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for responding – but I think I just found the problem. Apparently, the conversion changed the color of the text to transparent. When I restored it, the text appeared in View.

Regards,

Kathie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL, so it was exactly as I expected we would see.

Nice catch! Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you run across several “quirks” like this? The last time I converted to a newer version – from 5 to 7, it mucked up all of the text, spacing, etc. Very annoying…

Kathie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL, you should probably check out my dear friend Peter Grainge's site

RoboHelp Tour

Here's the deal. In times past, the eHelp corporation had RoboHelp. And they created RoboHelp HTML long before HTML really was wildly popular. In those times it was necessary to implement some rather arcane workarounds to allow editing and a WYSIWYG environment.

Time moves forward and Adobe are now the owners of the venerable RoboHelp. They modified the editor to be more standards compliant. And as you might imagine, that has the real possibility of somewhat munging things. Not that RoboHelp is munging code, but browsers are now a bit more persnickety about things. For example, that transparent thing was likely there in earlier browser versions and was ignored. So it's a combination of things.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks!

Kathie Gentry

c-Systems Software, Inc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp