• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot download Flash player

Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2014 Oct 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am an elderly lady who has just bought an iMac.  I would like to play some of the games available but although I have downloaded the installer I can get no further.  I have an Adobe ID and a password with which I got onto this site, but when asked for a password to download Flash Player it does not work.  Can somebody help me please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 28, 2014 Oct 28, 2014

This password prompt is presented by your operating system, and is intended to keep you from accidentally installing software.

If this is your personal machine and you don't need a password to log into the computer when it first starts up, you can probably leave the password blank and click OK to get past this prompt.  If this is your personal machine and your normal password isn't working, check to make sure that CAPS LOCK is off, and type the password carefully.

If this is your work machine and

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Oct 25, 2014 Oct 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to enter your Mac's administrator password.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2014 Oct 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I click on the Installer I get a message asking whether I want to open or save the file. When I click open there is another message saying there are changes to be made and asking for my password. I have tried every password I have got but nothing fits. I cannot download.

-

Original message----

Date : 26/10/14 - 05:14 (GMT)

To : audrey.rainer@btinternet.com

Subject : Cannot download Flash player

created by Pat Willener in Installing Flash Player - View the full discussion

You need to enter your Mac's administrator password.

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at https://forums.adobe.com/message/6867267#6867267

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at . In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Installing Flash Player by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/thread/416458?tstart=0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I wrote earlier, you need to enter your operating system's administrator password to install software.

If you are a user with administrative privileges, use your login id & password to install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where do we get the password to install Flashplayer update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a similar issue it get stuck at a certain percent and it stops and looses connection. I am not sure what I am doing wrong!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2014 Oct 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have downloaded Flash Player from the address you gave and have typed in my password which works with other sites but it does not work with this site. I still cannot install Flash Player.

-

Original message----

Date : 27/10/14 - 06:29 (GMT)

created by Pat Willener in Installing Flash Player - View the full discussion

Use the offline installer http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/current/support/install_flash_player_osx.dm g

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at https://forums.adobe.com/message/6869834#6869834

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at . In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Installing Flash Player by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/thread/416458?tstart=0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 27, 2014 Oct 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The password prompt is supplied by your operating system, and is intended to protect you from accidentally installing software.

This is the username and password that you normally use to log into the computer when it starts up.  If this is your personal machine and you don't normally need to log in when starting the computer, you can probably just leave the password field blank and acknowledge the prompt.

As an aside, if your laptop is ever lost or stolen and you don't have encryption and a password enabled, all of your information will be available to anyone with access to the computer.  If you're storing sensitive information on it, you might want to consult with someone about enabling disk encryption and setting a password for the computer.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2014 Oct 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an iMac personal computer. I have downloaded Flash Player, clicked and up comes the installer. I have read the Terms and Conditions and ticked the box. When I click to install another box comes up saying Flash Player wants to make changes and there is a box with my name and another for my password. As I recently changed both my ID and password I have tried the passwords for both ID's but nothing happens. The small box just shakes. I may have to go back to Apple and see if they can work out what is happening.

-

Original message----

Date : 28/10/14 - 01:34 (GMT)

created by Jeromie Clark in Installing Flash Player - View the full discussion

The password prompt is supplied by your operating system, and is intended to protect you from accidentally installing software.

This is the username and password that you normally use to log into the computer when it starts up. If this is your personal machine and you don't normally need to log in when starting the computer, you can probably just leave the password field blank and acknowledge the prompt.

As an aside, if your laptop is ever lost or stolen and you don't have encryption and a password enabled, all of your information will be available to anyone with access to the computer. If you're storing sensitive information on it, you might want to consult with someone about enabling disk encryption and setting a password for the computer.

Thanks!

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at https://forums.adobe.com/message/6873506#6873506

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 28, 2014 Oct 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This password prompt is presented by your operating system, and is intended to keep you from accidentally installing software.

If this is your personal machine and you don't need a password to log into the computer when it first starts up, you can probably leave the password blank and click OK to get past this prompt.  If this is your personal machine and your normal password isn't working, check to make sure that CAPS LOCK is off, and type the password carefully.

If this is your work machine and it's asking for an Administrator password, well, you'll need to have a conversation with your friendly IT person.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines