• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is the problem with addons not installing

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2014 Oct 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are regularly running into an issue where installing adobe flash player is not installing the browser plugin for both FF and IE. I have used information from a non-english forum post that i forgot to bookmark to try and resolve the problem but can no longer find it. The forum post basically said that sometimes explorer.exe will lock the system32 folder during the install causing it not to copy the browser files.

I have installed and un-installed the following versions of flash

15.0.0.167     IE

15.0.0.152     FF

14.0.0.125     IE and FF

13.0.0.182     IE and FF

I have used the MSI packages to deploy through GPO, Manual install, and MSIEXEC via a 3rd party tool.

I have tried the web installer

I have also tried disabling and removing our secure endpoint solution

we are constantly plagued by the installs completing but never installing the browser plugins. I have been removing the anti-virus, then removing flash player, then starting the installer, then killing explorer.exe- letting the installer run then rebooting and re-installing the AV. THIS ONLY WORKS SOMETIMES AND CAN TAKE 4+ HOURS AT A REMOTE SITE.

I have 500+ computers to maintain flash installs on- I NEED HELP

we are using a mix of ie 7,8,9,10,11 and ff 3,17,24,31 windows XPSP3 windows 7sp1 domain environment.

The problem seems to show up the most on WIN7 IE10 IE11 machines.

We are also constantly battling content our partners post prompting our users to update flash player saying it is out of date. They are unable to do so and we have had this happen even when the install is one patch revision behind the newest- the content is then never delivered and requires our staff to manually update the machine. I am conviced this is a configuration on the web server or page hosting the content- does anyone know how to stop this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We make a number of packages available specifically for centralized distribution by IT organizations.

Redistributing FlashPlayer requires that you apply for a free distribution license, but it's pretty painless:

Adobe Flash Player Distribution | Adobe

Once your application is approved, you will be granted access to the repository where the distribution packages live.

There's a System Administration Guide here that offers recommendations on how to manage Flash Player distribution in your organization:

Adobe Flash Player Administration Guide for Flash Player | Adobe Developer Connection

If you would like to be notified when security updates are available for Adobe products so that you can push them out to your users in a timely manner, you can sign-up for alerts here:

Adobe - Security Notification Service

Typically we're aligned with Patch Tuesday, but in the event of a 0-day, notifications are definitely handy.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already have a redist license - and i am deploying the application- my problem is the installations are completing without actually installing the browser objects- this has happened on several computer with multiple builds of the software. sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are there any clues in the installation logs on systems where the install fails?  (If you want to send me a dropbox link or something with a bunch, I'd be more than happy to take a look.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines