• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Client Variables Problem

New Here ,
Aug 27, 2007 Aug 27, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure where to post this so I'll start here.

We have two codlfusion servers, one is running coldfusion 5 and the other is running coldfusion MX version7.
We are sharing a sql database between the server to store client variables so that when someone logs into one they are logged into the other. In the process of debugging a problem, I noticed a few weird things. On the MX server if I create a page to dump the client structure, there's no problem, however, on Coldfusion 5 when I run the code <cfdump var="#client#"> I get the error:

Error resolving parameter CLIENT

If I output the member id <cfoutput>#client.cfid#</cfouput> it shows the appropriate information, why doesn't it recognize the client structure in the cfdump?

Moreover, I've created my own client variables like client.memberid . When I run #GetClientVariablesList()# it shows client.memberid as existing, but when I try to output its value with <cfoutput>#client.memberid #</cfouput> I get the error:

Error resolving parameter CLIENT.MEMBERID

Any idea why coldfusion 5 isn't reocgnizing the structure and the custom variables?

TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's obviously a known CF5 limitation.

Have a look at http://www.cflib.org/udf.cfm?ID=142 - this will likely solve your problem.

Hope I got you right, and this will help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I'll take a look

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just took a look and am not sure this is going to solve the problem. The problem seems to be that when the coldfusion MX server updates or creates the client variables in the database, Coldfusion 5 can't recognize them. When Coldfusion 5 updates or creates a new variable, Coldfusion MX recognizes them with no problem. Do you by any chance have a link that mentions the limitations of CF 5?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 28, 2007 Aug 28, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What kind of content do you have as client variable values?

I know for a fact that CF5 can't have structures or arrays stored in client variables. Probably unrelated to your problem anyway, but I just thought I'd mention.

Are you using exactly the same CFML code in CF5 and CFMX to both read and write the variables to/from DB?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 06, 2007 Sep 06, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
ColdFusion 5 doesn't recognize CFMX client variables because the format is slightly different between CFMX6/7/8 and CF5.

I would recommend *not* sharing client variables between CF5 and CFMX.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation