• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cinema 4d

Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2014 Oct 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys i'm having a problem with cinema 4D it seems to prompt an error every time i double click the c4d working file, The error is :

"the program cant start because libmmd.dll is missing from your computer. try reinstalling the program to fix this problem"

re install what? i didnt install cinema 4d it came with after effects c4d lite ??

so gurus a little help please?

SPECS :

adobe cc

i7

8 gig ram

nvidia graphics card

1 tb hd

mecer graphite

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 06, 2015 Jan 06, 2015

Sorry, but that has nothing to do with it.
libmmd.dll is from the Intel XE 2013 Redistributable library.
A recent Windows hotfix is causing issues with the installation of these redistributables (http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1-windows_install/kb2918614-breaks-windows-installer-service/3d75a1c2-114a-4241-a527-35b536edc158?page=1). You should be able to install them by removing that hotfix as described in the link, or by deleting your Crypto folder (in C:\Users\<usernam

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You must always launch C4D Lte from inside AE. It is a licensing issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that sucks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing with Mocha.... Same with other 3D plugin's from third party developers like Zakwerks, FreeForm, Element 3D --- even Magic Bullet Looks. They run from inside the app and the UI pops up when you are using the feature. This is a common practice in all kinds of 3rd party support for all kinds of apps....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2015 Jan 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but that has nothing to do with it.
libmmd.dll is from the Intel XE 2013 Redistributable library.
A recent Windows hotfix is causing issues with the installation of these redistributables (http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1-windows_install/kb2918614-breaks-windows...). You should be able to install them by removing that hotfix as described in the link, or by deleting your Crypto folder (in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft) and allowing Windows to re-create it. Since the Intel redistributable can't be downloaded directly, just try re-installing C4D again after deleting the Crypto folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2017 Jan 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Im running into Libmmd.dll trouble after installing AE CC2017 last week. C4D isnt starting anymore and ive even lost me missing .dll waring after i installen different C++ packages. I need to clean up my PC but the mentioned KB isnt on my PC, not by that number anyway. So im really stuck and cant use C4D lite. Where does AE and Maxxon install the update folders and such? I really want to clean out my pc before reinstalling and trying again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2017 Jan 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

well i dont seem to have that KB file with my windows 7 but removing the crypto folder and then reeiinstalling didnt help. Im getting a program cant start error now.... I guess i ruiined my C++ libraries by installing some C++ tweaks as suggested on certain fora for Libmmd.dll errors...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines